Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remco Mini-Monsters...LIFE SIZED!!

Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    I've been waiting for what seems like forever to share this here...

I had this custom mask made of the Remco Wolfman...it is a full size, wearable mask that faithfully recreates every detail of the classic action figure.

The Creature is next, and eventually I will have all six monsters in my collection!
    You're the maniac behind these?!? I've got one thing to say to you, pal: THANK YOU! Talk about something I never knew I needed. What sort of timeline are you on for the rest, and where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    I just read that interview with Ken Sheller. He sculpted the 9-inch monsters...did he do the mini-monsters as well?
    Ken didn't scupt the mini-monsters. They were sculpted by a guy who worked on Kenner's Star Wars, as well as a lot of other lines. He was recently interviewed for a book on Kenner as I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmonkeygod View Post
    You're the maniac behind these?!? I've got one thing to say to you, pal: THANK YOU! Talk about something I never knew I needed. What sort of timeline are you on for the rest, and where do I sign up?
    I'm not selling them...I just had this one made for myself. I talked to the sculptor about doing the others and he is very excited about the project. I even suggested a separate set of glow versions, just like the original figures.

The sculptor is Mark Enright at Mortarhead Studios. The timeline is basically whenever he can fit them in with all his other projects.

I also have an original Bigfoot mask being done at RZFX Creature Design based off the creature I encountered 36 years ago. I'm really looking forward to that one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmonkeygod View Post
    Ken didn't scupt the mini-monsters. They were sculpted by a guy who worked on Kenner's Star Wars, as well as a lot of other lines. He was recently interviewed for a book on Kenner as I understand.
    Yeah I got my wires crossed last night..

Industrious...creativity beyond the stars. Truly. Pure "Hollywood".

Good lord! I may finally be able to recognize my life-long dream of dressing up as a Mego Spidey for Halloween. He can clearly recreate the head. Now to worry about the body suit!

This is spectacular!

Images
    I have all three of the Kenner Star Wars alien masks he has made so far, Walrus Man, Snaggletooth, Hammerhead and the Remco Wolfman mask (I actually have Wolfman mask #1) that Mark has done. He is a great guy and major talent. The Hammerhead mask is insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Remco Monster View Post
    I have all three of the Kenner Star Wars alien masks he has made so far, Walrus Man, Snaggletooth, Hammerhead and the Remco Wolfman mask (I actually have Wolfman mask #1) that Mark has done. He is a great guy and major talent. The Hammerhead mask is insane!
    I would LOVE to see some pics of your Star Wars masks. I never tire of seeing them, and I wish I had more space and funds for them.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    I would LOVE to see some pics of your Star Wars masks. I never tire of seeing them, and I wish I had more space and funds for them.
    Are you on Instagram? If so, add me @remcomonster, I have shared quite a few photos of them. Iíll post some here tonight.