X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Toys R Us pop ups in Kroger chains.

Geoffrey's Toy box in Kroger stores with TRU toy brands like Journey Girls.

Toys R Us' controlling interests have relaunched as "Geoffrey's Toy Box" with pop-up shops in Kroger stores and subsidiaries.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

Our local Ollie's store just got a huge amount of Toys R Us stock. My daughter and her husband did all their Christmas shopping there the other day.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

There are going to be two locations near me according to the list. Both of them are currently Kroger Plus set-ups that already have a toy section, so I'm not sure it'll add much.

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        There are going to be two locations near me according to the list. Both of them are currently Kroger Plus set-ups that already have a toy section, so I'm not sure it'll add much.
        Do you have a link to the list (if it was in the linked article in the original post, I missed it).

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

The brand is here at local Fred Meyer stores in Seattle area. Very cool.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by MRP
            Do you have a link to the list (if it was in the linked article in the original post, I missed it).

-M

I don't think it was in the main article. I clicked a couple of links and found it.

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
              https://spaces.hightail.com/space/Mr...ore%20List.pdf

I don't think it was in the main article. I clicked a couple of links and found it.
              Ah cool, none of the 4 Krogers here in town will have it, but the large Kroger Marketplace a few towns over (Fairborn) will have it.

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

So we stopped at the Fairborn Kroger that had the Geoffrey's Toybox set up today. For anyone hoping this is a return of Toys R Us, you're going to be sorely disappointed. It was two small freestanding cardboard display units with about 8-10 different toys* on it, all of the generic store brand toys TRU used to carry, nothing by any other toy manufacturer, essentially it's all the kind of stock that didn't get bought out by Ollie's not any kind of step towards some grand reemergence. It was also as you walked in the merchandise side while the actual toy department was all the way in the back and there was nothing branded Geoffrey's Toybox anywhere near the actual toy department. It looked like a cheap temporary seasonal display selling generic junk and nothing more.

-M

*what I remember seeing is a bucket of plastic army men, a bucket of plastic dinosaurs, each at about a $10 price point, a science experiment toy kit that was $20 something, a number of baby dolls ranging in size and price between $10 and $30 and something looking like a cheap drone toy and maybe one or two other things of that ilk.
                Last edited by MRP; Nov 4, '18, 3:41 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I feel bad for the 33,000 they put out of work. I won't waste my time looking. Besides Target and Walmart are absorbing those customers who looked to TRU for specific lines.

Comment

• Madcap70
                      • Dec 4, 2017

TRU will back in some way

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

FAO Schwartz is back with a new (non-pop-up)!store, in Manhattan at Rockafellar Center. And, I heard that they will have pop-up stores around the country.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Saw this yesterday in a Kroger store next to me. Its essentially one aisle with boy stuff on one side and girl stuff on the other. Lots of name brand action figures like you would see at Walmart, Meijers, or Target, but nothing collectible like Neca. At least not yet.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎