Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

There's conviction to a principle and then there's a knee jerk reaction to something devoid of context. You're situation falls in the latter. You don't know what kind of relationship your cousin has with her husband or if the subject you saw was, in fact, her husband at that Tavern. So you're drawing conclusions based on assumptions to people you don't even know well enough to assess on that level.

You didn't witness a beating, so there's no parallel between your event and that of your friend's sister. You assessed something that, on a knee-jerk moment, looked provocative devoid of any facts and loaded with more assumption than what you needed to apply. At best its curious, but nothing remotely worth walking into your cousin's life about. Relationships have their own destination. And unless someone is physically being abused, I tend to think it's best to leave that destination to the people who started it. Their arrival point will be obtained whether you show up or not.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I would show the picture to your cousin, and if it's not him, no harm. If it's him, he is the one ruining his relationship. Don't let your cousin stay in the dark. That's my advice, for a lot of reasons I won't get into. I think people should know if they are being cheated on. It sucks living a lie...

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        If you can't verify it was him, I'd let it go. Doesn't sound like you're close enough to them to intrude one way or another.

Chris
        Where did I say I'm not close with my cousin? We talked more years ago and drifted alittle but it ain't like it some distant relative I barely know.

And sorry to hear about the workplace drama, they should know how strong the bond is of the Supermates. 😁

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          I would show the picture to your cousin, and if it's not him, no harm. If it's him, he is the one ruining his relationship. Don't let your cousin stay in the dark. That's my advice, for a lot of reasons I won't get into. I think people should know if they are being cheated on. It sucks living a lie...
          If you really wanted to "passive aggressive" it, you could show the pic to both of them and say: "Craziest thing! I say Joe's doppelganger at the tavern the other night. Look at this pic! The girl is a dead giveaway it wasn't you, Joe, but if she wasn't there... I would have totally been fooled." Then let them take it from there.

But the again, I think I take the opposite view of the prevailing opinion here. You were there. You know this man. If it worked you up enough that you took pics and started this thread, I think you should do something about your concerns.

Comment

• toothaction
            Career Member
            • Jul 15, 2017

Have you considered confronting the husband first?
            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

"Hey cous', I saw this guy that totally looks like your husband. Strange, but they could almost be twins. I took a pic. What do you think?"
              If it's not him, he has a doppelganger. If it's him, well......

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                "Hey cous', I saw this guy that totally looks like your husband. Strange, but they could almost be twins. I took a pic. What do you think?"
                If it's not him, he has a doppelganger. If it's him, well......
                Or "Hey cousin's husband, I saw a guy that totally looks like you. Strange, but you could almost be twins. I took a pic. What do you think?"
                If it's not him, he has a doppelganger. If it's him, well...... profit from his mistake... You take Paypal right?

Personally, I'd note it, but if you can't be certain I wouldn't want to get involved in that. That's a serious deal and could bring the roof down on your friendship with your cousin.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Why confront the husband?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Where did I say I'm not close with my cousin? We talked more years ago and drifted alittle but it ain't like it some distant relative I barely know.
                    I was just going by you not being sure you recognized her husband or not.

If you're determined to get involved, perhaps you should feel around and talk to your cousin and just see how things are going. You may pick up clues to tell you whether or not there are problems, which may help you clarify if you saw what you think you saw.

I would still just stay out of it unless you can confirm that was him, personally.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

My suggestion points no fingers and makes no accusations. Just points out a possible similarity in looks.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Probably wasn't him anyways, just forget about it and move on, it's not your problem, so don't make it your problem
                        by interfering, that way you can avoid any unpleasantries in the future with your cousin. Besides if it was him, she'll find out eventually and take him for every cent he's got.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎