X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

What should I do?

The other day I was at an Travern. I saw someone who looked a lot like my cousin's husband having drinks with a younger lady and they seemed quite intimate. Now, to be clear, I don't know the relationship between them, or even if it really was my cousin's husband but he really looked like him.

He didn't notice me and I snapped a few pics. I was tempted to send it to my cousin just to confirm that her husband is not cheating on her but I decided not to send it just then because....what if I sent it and ruin their family.

Now, what do you think is the right thing to do here? Should I just adopt the 'not my business' attitude?
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Follow Sgt Schultz's advice

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

If you can't verify it was him, I'd let it go. Doesn't sound like you're close enough to them to intrude one way or another.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        If you can't verify it was him, I'd let it go. Doesn't sound like you're close enough to them to intrude one way or another.

Chris
        My exact thoughts, as well.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

My advice is stay outta of it as u may earn yerself a pop in the kisser for your trouble.

I have lunch with ladies from work occasionally and my wife is well aware, so if someone snapped pics of us and shared them there’s a good chance I’d drop the dude.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I have lunch with ladies from work occasionally and my wife is well aware, so if someone snapped pics of us and shared them there’s a good chance I’d drop the dude.
            Same. I was once the subject of rumors at work because a coworker and I got separated from a huge lunch group and sat at a patio table alone. The next thing I know, we're supposedly having an affair! Luckily my wife knew better, but it still honked me off.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Yeah. Don't get involved.

Once the gossip train leaves the station, there's no stopping it.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

gossip is the devils telephone , hang up

just heard that on ****ts creek last night and it struck me funny ,didnt think id get the chance to use it so quickly ,
                thanks to all who made that possible
                Last edited by libby 1957dog; Nov 1, '18, 1:29 PM.

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

What should I do?
                  In this situation my answer would be: "Not a damn thing." You're not even sure if he actually was your cousin, and you want to start messing with other peoples' lives and relationships, holy crap.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

i agree with everything said. stay out of it. nothing good will come of it

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

My first instinct was to tell my cousin about it, but after reading these comments it seems I should let cooler heads prevail and think about it.

Maybe I can give her a friendly call and see what she says about her hubby, without bringing that up.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

You seem determined to poke the bear. Enjoy the consequences.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

You need to think about it? Man, there's NOTHING to think about.
                          Just let it go. Forget you ever saw anything, because first, you're not sure WHAT you saw, or even WHO you saw. Second, it's none of your business.

If somebody tried to start crap between me and my wife without any facts...well, I wouldn't want to be that person.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Let's say it really was him …

Do you really want to be responsible for the schitstorm that will inevitably happen ?

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                              Permanent Member
                              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by enyawd72
                              You need to think about it? Man, there's NOTHING to think about.
                              Just let it go. Forget you ever saw anything, because first, you're not sure WHAT you saw, or even WHO you saw. Second, it's none of your business.

If somebody tried to start crap between me and my wife without any facts...well, I wouldn't want to be that person.
                              I generally am surprised by this sentiment. Handholding and flirty behavior to me means something and I snapped a pic. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt maybe it was his doppelganger. There was a guy who used to live 15 miles away who I heard looked exactly like me, that's rare but possible.

My close friend's sister had an abusive live-in boyfriend and my friend would always say it's none of my business. I thought he was such a wimp for having that attitude.

I'd love to think water evens out and I don't need to get involved. But it certainly deserved some thought in my eyes. Either way I'm not offended.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎