Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 11, 2008

Great that target.com has sponsored links at the bottom of its Mego listing with websites selling Wave 3 figures at scalpers' prices, isn't it? (No, it isn't)

Comment

• Eric
      Museum Patron
      • Jan 11, 2008

Originally posted by askzak70
      The Pinky Tuscadero they have shown is actually "Chachi Arcola". I have reported the error on the Target listing page, but they still have not changed it.
      Let's give them some credit. At least they spelled her name right.

Edit: At least I thought they spelled it correctly. I remember seeing "Pinky" this morning; now it's "Pinkie."
      Last edited by Eric; Nov 1, '18, 1:03 PM.

Comment

• kisscash
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 7, 2006

The site show Cliff as Mr. Calvin too - no one cares IMHO

$
        sigpic

Comment

• askzak70
          • Sep 11, 2018

Originally posted by Eric
          Great that target.com has sponsored links at the bottom of its Mego listing with websites selling Wave 3 figures at scalpers' prices, isn't it? (No, it isn't)
          That's what I thought as well. Like, Hasbro and Wal-mart do the same thing (link with other websites selling their exclusive collectible merchandise) when not on-site; at inflated prices (and not at suggested retail).

As a Star Wars collector (along with MEGO) this has led to many loyal 'long-time collectors" being very disappointed, too hard to find merchandise, continue the hobby and discontinue (takes the fun out of it). Companies need to learn when adult collectors are willing to drop money down to purchase their product, it needs to be made available and not difficult or sales revenue will go down (drop) as HASBRO's revenue has over the past couple years because of distribution problems (2017-2018 Hasbro quarter reviews*). not to mention what has happened to the gone away Toys R Us (Geoffery's Pandora's box). Adult collectors blogged/emailed Hasbro and ToysRUs for years of the consequences of these problems and they would not listen; only fell on deaf ear.

Now look at where the gone away Toys R Us (Geoffery's Pandora's box) is? And to help save HASBRO's revenue, the HasLab "Jabba the Hutt Barge" was launched this early April 2018 at $499.00 per vehicle at a goal of 500. $249,5000.00 USD!!! And yes, it worked, if you're asking.

Nonetheless, let's hope that MEGO is being made aware of these issues (this early on) and works with TARGET to correct them quickly before we get in the new year (2019) and things do not get so complicated.

I know it's only November 1 (wave 3 launch date), but where are the figures?

***SUGGESTION***If anyone on here know's how to reach Marty Abrams and make him aware, they should do so... Plus, I thought the MEGO Ambassadors club would develop into such a thing? Maybe/Maybe not? Hmmm...
          Last edited by askzak70; Nov 1, '18, 8:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎