X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Wanted Mego vintage floor mat fron Batcave/POTA Village/Lost Continent

Looking for a nice vintage vinyl floor mat from the Batcave/POTA Village/Lost Continent playsets.

Hoping some member can help, thank you.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Ninersphan1
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 27, 2009

Gotta say, I was disappointed the re-make by Figures Inc of the Batcave came with a paper mat and not vinyl. I keep tryig to source vinyl for a mat but not had much luck. Good look in your search for a vintage one.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

^ I know, I couldn't even find equivalent vinyl sheeting online. I hope someone can help, too--seems parts are scarce here.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

i bought a vinyl replacement mat years ago on ebay. it was exactly like thick inflatable pool material. Have you looked for a gray inflatable raft? Maybe try the places that make the big vinyl banners.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Hmmm. I was looking at signage and vinyl sheeting online, I'll consider the raft as well.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

Just hit me as I was taking a shower earlier. The inner shower curtain liners.

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Hmmm. I was looking at signage and vinyl sheeting online, I'll consider the raft as well.
              Have you looked at vinyl game mats for tabletop rps? Most are customizable to size and made to be printed on or marked up with wet erase markers, etc. Basic mats can be found at any game or hobby store that carries role playing games at there are lots of folks who will make customizable ones. I am not exactly sure you can get one made to the dimensions of a Mego playset (and even less sure you could get one printed with the images on them), but the material is out there to maybe kitbash one on your own with a little creativity and inventiveness, and looking into it might open up some new avenues of possibility for you. There's also the playmats folks use for playing Magic: The Gathering and other collectible card games that are often made out of vinyl as well (but are less easily customized/marked up), but it too might be an avenue to look at if you end up trying to kitbash one if you don;t find any available. Chessex is the company that is the standard for vinyl battlemats for tabletop rpgs. The standard looks like this reversible with square grids on one side and hex grids on the other...

but other companies make them with terrain printed on them like such...

while things like Star Wars miniatures games have vinyl mats like this:

a little digging might find companies or people with etsy stores or such that make custom mats with images you provide or based on specs you provide, but I am not sure on prices.

Maybe not the most convenient or cost-effective route, but it is a contingency if another recourse doesn't pan out.

Along those lines, several years ago we found clear plastic vinyl sheets at Wal Mart in their fabric department that we used to make battlemat vinyl tablecloths for our gaming room table and another as a travelling tablecloth when we played at friends or went to shows, so that's another place to look for cheap vinyl. It was rolled like other fabrics and you bought by the yard.

-M
              Last edited by MRP; Nov 5, '18, 1:21 AM.
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^ Clear sheeting is pretty plentiful, finding gray, olive, or light blue has been the challenge.

A shower curtain might work if very heavy.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

yea check the inner liners. Mine is a dove gray and just slightly thinner than I remember the vintage being.

Comment

• JOEZETA
                    • Oct 28, 2007

I think I have original blue liner from bat cave. Not sure if it belongs to a complete one I have. I can check. What is it worth on it’s own? I have no clue
                    Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I have no idea, but I appreciate you checking and of course am open to a reasonable offer.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎