X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Z-man 307
    Museum Super Collector
    • Mar 15, 2010

Female Custom

I'm thinking of doing a custom 8" figure that's an African American Female. Uhura would make a great base for the figure, but her hair is too short (I need it be medium to long length.) Is there any other african american female head that I'm forgetting about that has longer hair? If not, any other ideas?
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

Depending on how the hair needs to look, you could cut her hair off and make a wig.

CCC.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I used the new 2018 Mego Tootie to make Miss Marvel. Her hair is in pigtails, but you can brush it out. Not sure if it will be long enough for you.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Z-man 307
        Museum Super Collector
        • Mar 15, 2010

I was thinking about Tootie, but wasn’t sure if I could brush it out. Definitely a consideration.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

It just takes time and patience to reroot doll hair. I found this youtube clip handy:

On Thursday the Halloween hair will be discounted at Walmart and I have found that this makes a good substitute hair.
          Last edited by monitor_ep; Oct 30, '18, 6:21 PM.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            It just takes time and patience to reroot doll hair. I found this youtube clip handy:

On Thursday the Halloween hair will be discounted at Walmart and I have found that this makes a good substitute hair.
            Dollar Tree has wigs and stuff like that for $1. All year round All different colors too.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
              Dollar Tree has wigs and stuff like that for $1. All year round All different colors too.
              the $ tree hair is really stiff and needs a lot of heat work to get it to lie down. It tends to stick straight out when rooted. I had to cover mine with a cloth and use a clothes iron to get it manageable after rooting.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎