Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you watched for Halloween this month?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

Yup, me too... I'm all about the old stuff for Halloween, especially the movies you don't see on TV anymore.

Phantasm
    The Fog
    Motel Hell
    50's bug movies...
    Salem's Lot, the old mini-series...
    I do love me some Hammer movies...
    The Vincent Price Poe adaptations... (Halloween night!)

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

You had me at Phantasm. Top Fiver for me right there, which is the reason I did it for the first episode of my podcast. It made such a lasting impression on me as a kid.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Finished up the season with the season premiere of Stan Against Evil. I'll watch episode 2 tonight. Fun stuff!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody ever see Psychomania (1973) ?

After it was over I was like -- WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH ???

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, it didn't do much for me.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

… after the Vincent/Poe finale I'm left asking, *** doesn't a 24/7 Monster & Mayhem Channel exist? So many good creatures, such a brief Season of the Dead.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Shudder is a horror channel that is gaining popularity but it's got too much modern horror for me. I'd like a channel that does like 20s to the late 70s stuff.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Yeah, I'm all about the vintage era too, German Expressionism through 70sploitation would be killer! In this day and age of 1000 [nearly all worthless] cable channels, the lack of such an option seems a large void.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I don't think we're the demographic that's being targeted anymore.

During my twenties and thirties I had a long streak of never, ever missing Chiller Theatre. It was all the stuff i loved, monsters, Godzilla, trash cinema and Bettie Page.

Last weekend my daughter and I went to a horror con around here, it was a well run show and very nice but it was all Freddie, Jason and Leatherface. Bloody parts everywhere and so much gore. I enjoyed the experience but didn't feel i belonged anymore.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
                      I don't think we're the demographic that's being targeted anymore.
                      You are right. All you need to do is walk into a Spirit Halloween store and see what the modern definition of "Horror" is.

But my preferences are even different than yours, although we intersect a lot. So I just build my own library. If I were tech smart, I would rip all my discs and set up my own streaming server. Anyone have any familiarity with Plex or similar services?

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

I love Shudder, but I would definitely be happier with more '60s, '70s, and '80s horror. Anything older than that I usually just catch on TCM.

I'm curious to see what happens to the Criterion catalogue now that FilmStruck is dead. Some have already migrated to Amazon Prime.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hedji
                          But my preferences are even different than yours, although we intersect a lot. So I just build my own library. If I were tech smart, I would rip all my discs and set up my own streaming server. Anyone have any familiarity with Plex or similar services?
                          I use Plex and have it wired to add channels like "full movies on reddit" which is kind of this wonderful mix of oddball stuff. I'm there a lot.

Comment

• Makernaut
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                            I'm curious to see what happens to the Criterion catalogue now that FilmStruck is dead. Some have already migrated to Amazon Prime.
                            I wish it would go back to Hulu. I miss having a good Samurai or Zatoichi flick at the ready like I had when Hulu carried the Criterion Collection (or going back further, when IFC had Samurai Saturday).

Comment

• Iron Mego
                              Wake Up Heavy
                              • Jan 31, 2010

It'll end up somewhere I'm sure. Like I mentioned, quite a few are on Prime as of today. If they get the whole catalogue I'll be fine with that since Prime is my most expensive streaming service right now. But if it gets broken up and spread out to other providers like Hulu that's okay too.
                              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• toothaction
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                                It'll end up somewhere I'm sure. Like I mentioned, quite a few are on Prime as of today. If they get the whole catalogue I'll be fine with that since Prime is my most expensive streaming service right now. But if it gets broken up and spread out to other providers like Hulu that's okay too.
                                Are the special features on Prime as well? One of the nice thing about the Filmstruck format was the inclusion of commentaries, docs and archival clips.
                                >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎