Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Casting Dracula Today

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    Cumberbatch...

I have to respectfully disagree with casting Daniel Craig but, I'm on board for Cumberbatch to don the cape and fangs. I just wouldn't want it as bloody as Gary Oldman's Dracula was. I believe a Dracula movie can be created without major gor. I too am a huge Bela Lugosi Fan.

While we're on Universal Monster's subject. I kind of liked the Wolfman movie with Del Toro and Anthony Hopkins. I would hope Universal will release more updated versions of the classic monsters.
    Dracula
    Frankenstein
    Creature from the black lagoon
    Last edited by Capt_Kirk; Nov 29, '18 at 8:07 AM.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

^If you're looking for a less gory version of Dracula, the Frank Langella version is still the best IMO. Incredible well made and underrated film.

Images
    BBC's New Dracula - Claes Bang. What can you tell us, Clem So?
    MV5BMTQwNjA0NTk5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjEwMTc5OQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1333,1000_AL_.jpg

Have to admit it....interesting.

Images
    ^If you're looking for a less gory version of Dracula, the Frank Langella version is still the best IMO. Incredible well made and underrated film.
    I like it a lot too. I prefer my Dracula to be an evil *******, but if you're going to go with the more romantic angle, Langella is great in the role. And it's romantic without being overly syrupy which I feel Oldman's version gets into, crying with his batface that just looks ridiculous. I love that movie for sticking with the beats of the novel with every other character, but they totally reimagine Dracula there. And they rip off the reincarnated love angle from the underrated Jack Palance version, which director Dan Curtis in turn ripped off from his own Dark Shadows!

Somewhere along the way, Dracula ended up borrowing a lot back from Barnabas Collins.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    The BBC's last Dracula adaptation was execrable. I hope this new version is better--I try to be optimistic and open-minded about adaptations when they're announced.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.