• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt_Kirk
    Career Member
    • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
    Cumberbatch...

I have to respectfully disagree with casting Daniel Craig but, I'm on board for Cumberbatch to don the cape and fangs. I just wouldn't want it as bloody as Gary Oldman's Dracula was. I believe a Dracula movie can be created without major gor. I too am a huge Bela Lugosi Fan.

While we're on Universal Monster's subject. I kind of liked the Wolfman movie with Del Toro and Anthony Hopkins. I would hope Universal will release more updated versions of the classic monsters.
    Dracula
    Frankenstein
    Creature from the black lagoon
    Last edited by Capt_Kirk; Nov 29, '18, 8:07 AM.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

^If you're looking for a less gory version of Dracula, the Frank Langella version is still the best IMO. Incredible well made and underrated film.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

BBC's New Dracula - Claes Bang. What can you tell us, Clem So?
        MV5BMTQwNjA0NTk5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjEwMTc5OQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1333,1000_AL_.jpg

Have to admit it....interesting.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^If you're looking for a less gory version of Dracula, the Frank Langella version is still the best IMO. Incredible well made and underrated film.
          I like it a lot too. I prefer my Dracula to be an evil *******, but if you're going to go with the more romantic angle, Langella is great in the role. And it's romantic without being overly syrupy which I feel Oldman's version gets into, crying with his batface that just looks ridiculous. I love that movie for sticking with the beats of the novel with every other character, but they totally reimagine Dracula there. And they rip off the reincarnated love angle from the underrated Jack Palance version, which director Dan Curtis in turn ripped off from his own Dark Shadows!

Somewhere along the way, Dracula ended up borrowing a lot back from Barnabas Collins.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

The BBC's last Dracula adaptation was execrable. I hope this new version is better--I try to be optimistic and open-minded about adaptations when they're announced.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody ever see Willem Dafoe in Shadow of the Vampire ?

He was GREAT !!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^Great film.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Dracula 79 is awesome. My favorite Dracula film.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^I'm a big fan of it too. I kind of dismissed it for a long time, but gave it another viewing about 10 years ago, and ever since I've really come to appreciate it. To me, Langella is the ultimate extension of the romantic, suave count that Lugosi developed for the play and his movie. And that scene with Mina in the sewers is the most unsettling image in any Dracula film.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎