Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I'm glad that they saved on the shipping by shipping mine with an order I made. I think they should make a body and costume for the smaller Batman head, and they could re-use the body for a smaller Robin figure to be in-scale with the 14" figures. I'd buy a body and costume for my extra Batman head.

Comment

• Martinjdekay
      • Nov 30, 2018

I'm curious to know if the 14 inch size is due to existing licenses to 8 inch DC figures with Figures Toy Company? Not that I'm complaining, as I love the size, just curious if anyone knows?

Comment

• SWCWorld
        Museum Patron
        • Aug 10, 2011

According to info cobbled from the Mego Ambassador's FB page, Paul (Dr. Mego) stated that Mattel has the rights to 12" DC figures in the retail market and Hasbro has the rights to Marvel figures in retail (all sizes, and a stranglehold on those rights, which is why currently we have no chance of seeing 8" Marvel Megos in the present or near future). Figures Inc. does not enter the retail equation as they sell to the specialized market. He further stated that Mego was going to do 13" figures (as the original Megos were 12 1/2" tall) but DC wanted them to be 14" to really stand out; i.e. that's why we have the 14" size. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎