X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
    Marty was very plain to mention that licenses going forward will have likeness.
    I did see that and it’s a very positive direction to move in. However, it would seem if they continued on with Charlie’s Angels, but with likeness licenses, that they’d need to revisit the characters they’ve made figures of. That seems pretty elaborate. This is why I figure the line won’t go forward. I guess we’ll see what 2019 brings.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
      I did see that and it’s a very positive direction to move in. However, it would seem if they continued on with Charlie’s Angels, but with likeness licenses, that they’d need to revisit the characters they’ve made figures of. That seems pretty elaborate. This is why I figure the line won’t go forward. I guess we’ll see what 2019 brings.

- Ian
      I feel the same. Seems weird they would do likenesses of Shelly Hack or Tanya Roberts if they didn't do likenesses for arguably the more popular Angels, and I don't see them going back and reissuing figures that were lower sellers, even with new face sculpts.

As for Bewitched, I think Dick York's son was interested in providing a likeness. But outside of Darrin, I can't see them making all of the side characters. I love Bewitched, but Larry Tate and Aunt Clara aren't really my idea of future bestsellers for Mego.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

^ I read that exchange with Dick York's son, as well. In this one case, I think it would be alright only because Mego did such a good job with Samantha even without the rights to Elizabeth Montgomery's likeness.

- Ian

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Mary Canary
          I feel the same. Seems weird they would do likenesses of Shelly Hack or Tanya Roberts if they didn't do likenesses for arguably the more popular Angels, and I don't see them going back and reissuing figures that were lower sellers, even with new face sculpts.

As for Bewitched, I think Dick York's son was interested in providing a likeness. But outside of Darrin, I can't see them making all of the side characters. I love Bewitched, but Larry Tate and Aunt Clara aren't really my idea of future bestsellers for Mego.
          Perhaps, but Uncle Arthur? Yes, please.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• K
            Fun Will Now Commence
            • Jun 20, 2001

Toothaction,

Lol!
            I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

^ I read that exchange with Dick York's son, as well. In this one case, I think it would be alright only because Mego did such a good job with Samantha even without the rights to Elizabeth Montgomery's likeness.

- Ian
              Same. I think without the likenesses Samantha and Endora are still Samantha and Endora.
              For Darrin, I think it wouldn't hurt to have an actor likeness.
              However, if they made him generic then at least he could be Darrin 1 or Darrin 2, depending on your preference.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

^ I guess I wasn’t clear. I do think that if they make Darrin it should only be with the rights to Dick York’s likeness in place. From what I read, it seems like they can make that happen as his son appeared to be all in. I haven’t yet seen how close the two figures in the boxed set look to the actresses. Like I said, Samantha looks so good that, in this particular case, I think it will work out almost seamlessly with a Darrin figure who looks just like Darrin.

- Ian

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

A friend of mine mentioned Blade Runner.
                  Or did I just dream that?
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mary Canary
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 21, 2017

^ I guess I wasn’t clear. I do think that if they make Darrin it should only be with the rights to Dick York’s likeness in place. From what I read, it seems like they can make that happen as his son appeared to be all in. I haven’t yet seen how close the two figures in the boxed set look to the actresses. Like I said, Samantha looks so good that, in this particular case, I think it will work out almost seamlessly with a Darrin figure who looks just like Darrin.

- Ian
                    Haha. No, I knew what you meant. I'm all for them doing a Dick York version of Darrin. I was just making the joke that if they did a generic version, he could be either actor!

Comment

• KOMonger
                      Banned
                      • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by Barnabas Collins
                      Yeah, I'm all for more Bewitched. How about Aunt Clara and her odd door-knob collection as an accessory? Larry Tate? Gladys Kravitz?

Barnabas Collins
                      Ha ha! Gladys Kravitz, that's who I was thinking of. So I check online, Edna Babish... from Lavenre & Shirley! Too many sitcoms on the brain. My sitcom worlds are colliding.
                      Last edited by KOMonger; Oct 30, '18, 7:10 PM.

Comment

• KOMonger
                        Banned
                        • Feb 17, 2015

Odd Couple! Don't know why I didn't think of this before, it's one of my favorite sitcoms.
                        Felix, Oscar and Murray.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

Haha. No, I knew what you meant. I'm all for them doing a Dick York version of Darrin. I was just making the joke that if they did a generic version, he could be either actor!
                          Gotcha! Lol I guess they could do a mash-up of the two Darrin’s or the cartoon version as they did of Samantha. It worked out for her. Of course, those options are driving the boat as close to the rocks as you can get.

- Ian

Comment

• comicmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 22, 2009

I feel the same. Seems weird they would do likenesses of Shelly Hack or Tanya Roberts if they didn't do likenesses for arguably the more popular Angels, and I don't see them going back and reissuing figures that were lower sellers, even with new face sculpts....
                            Re: Marty's email, "History in the making!"; On Mon, Oct 29, 2018, 11:31 AM, Mego, <megoambassadors@gmail.com> wrote: "....these figures will never, ever again be available as an initial launch! Yes, there may be re-issues, but never again the original launch..."

Hmmmmm. I'm hooked in, and still pondering.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Please do not re-issue:
                              *Facts of Life
                              *Married with Children
                              *Happy Days

This seem to be clogging the shelves everywhere I go.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                                Museum Paramedic
                                • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by comicmike
                                Re: Marty's email, "History in the making!"; On Mon, Oct 29, 2018, 11:31 AM, Mego, <megoambassadors@gmail.com> wrote: "....these figures will never, ever again be available as an initial launch! Yes, there may be re-issues, but never again the original launch..."

Hmmmmm. I'm hooked in, and still pondering.
                                TJ meant that he doesn’t see Mego going back and remaking the Charlie’s Angels figures they made in 2018 in 2019 with likenesses intact.

- Ian

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎