X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1986 Collegeville Halloween Costume Catalog

Collegeville was one of the leading Halloween costume manufacturers of the late twentieth century.

This extensive 1968 catalog really demonstrates the powerhouse licenses they were rocking in the 60s, including Labyrinth, The Transformers and the Go-Bots, WWF Wrasslers, Wuzzles, Rainbow Bright and the Peanuts, it's a good group and some solid 1980s nostalgia.

1986 Collegeville Halloween Costume Catalog

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The character choices for Labyrinth seem a bit odd. Pretty much everyone but the main characters of Jareth and Sarah. Must have been a likeness issue.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Interesting to see at this point, they made a real effort to detail the costume to look like what the character wears, and not a picture of the character. Aside from the Labyrinth logo, they look relatively modern actually.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Some interesting Transformers choices. I get Ultra Mangus, but where was Rodimus Prime? Why make Superion AND Silverbolt, since Silverbolt was part of the combiner team that made Superion?

Wow, that sounded nerdy even for me. Fun stuff overall, and its nice to see some of the traditional monsters still being issued this late in the game.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

I find the wrestlers terribly interesting. That's not a WWF license. Nor does it appear to be NWA/WCW license. It's either that they worked out deals with the wrestlers themselves (which seems odd) or it's in fact an AWA wrestling license! AWA had the Remco figures so they were into licensing out wrestlers at the time and Slaughter was with AWA at the time, with Tonga Kid and the Road Warriors both passing through at points. Certainly interesting and would love to hear the full story on it.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            ] its nice to see some of the traditional monsters still being issued this late in the game.

Chris
            That Frankenstein costume is crazy! Love the breaking chain and robotic legs.

And I may be mistaken, but didn't Rob Zombie use their clown costume for his Michael Meyers in the Halloween reboot?

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

I never knew they made Labyrinth costumes. Those are great.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

First mask shown looks like Joe E. Ross

Comment

• toothaction
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 15, 2017

Is there an old thread here where we've shared pics of ourselves or our loved ones dressed up for Halloween? I would love to see that, and have some snaps of myself as a kid that I'd love to share.
                  >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• msenger76
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 3, 2009

I have the box and mask for Road Warrior Hawk and have been looking for years for the costume and the Animal counterpart! now i see Tonga Kid and sarge! oh man these are impossible to find

These wrestlers were under the AWA, hulk hogan was wwf, so he was made by ben cooper i'm pretty sure

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎