Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happens When Target's Exclusivity Ends?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

What Happens When Target's Exclusivity Ends?

I am wondering what we should expect when Target's exclusive partnership with Mego ends.

Do we know when that is?

Will distribution be web-based or still through Target and other brick and mortar retailers?

Should we anticipate a price change?

I realize it may be early for Marty and Doc to answer these questions, and if my asking makes things uncomfortable I apologize. I'm just wondering what life after Target will look like.
  • KOMonger
    Banned
    • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by Hedji
    I am wondering what we should expect when Target's exclusive partnership with Mego ends.

Do we know when that is?

Will distribution be web-based or still through Target and other brick and mortar retailers?

Should we anticipate a price change?

I realize it may be early for Marty and Doc to answer these questions, and if my asking makes things uncomfortable I apologize. I'm just wondering what life after Target will look like.
    I read here in the forum that Doc was talking to Target recently about the possibility of extending after wave 3.

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

Yes, I was wondering if they plan on finishing the lines they started once their partnership with Target ends. Will they finish the rest of the Bradys or Charlie's Angels or Facts of Life girls, etc.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
        Museum Patron
        • Jan 22, 2018

I think that if they continue, they should first, look at what sold out the most and concentrate on that. I realize that Target made a lot of the choices on which characters appeared in the first waves, and it showed.
        Last edited by Psykodelik Vampyre; Oct 25, '18, 3:13 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more
        https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

I would think Target will look at character sales, then ask for an increase in what's moving. Mego in turn will.ask for either online sales control or money upfront for exclusivity. Since Target is in for Wave 4, I'd bet it's the same with better distribution.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎