Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Drive-In Madness!

Blog Entries

Drive-In Madness!

With the passing of James Karen (RIP) I am reminded of this fun documentary he hosted from the 1980s. I've watched this pretty much annually.

Images
    Ah, his distinctive voice--I didn't know he had died. Thanks for sharing.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Lord, he was gut bustlingly funny in Return of the Living Dead, and to some extent, Poltergeist. I cannot watch Return of the Living dead without cracking up at his comic timing.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    James Karen, one of the better "THAT GUY!" character actors. I honestly never remembered his name, but always knew his face and voice, and he always brought the goods. RIP.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Lord, he was gut bustlingly funny in Return of the Living Dead, and to some extent, Poltergeist. I cannot watch Return of the Living dead without cracking up at his comic timing.
    He's awesome in RoTLD, I love that movie. I'd watch it more but it's one of the few that genuinely scares my better half, it's the tar man.

Images
    I haven't seen RoTLD in decades, but that Tar Man is hard to forget.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Yes, the movie that introduced brain eating to zombie lore!

Honestly though the prologue with the two guys in the warehouse is so natural, feels so improvised. I could just watch it a thousand times and it never gets old.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Return of the Living Dead was once upon a time one of my favorite movies, back when I was a bigger horror fan than I am now.
    I had the soundtrack (on cassette, then cd) and loved the idea of punks vs. zombies.
    Probably my favorite zombie movie ever, after the original Night of the Living Dead.

"It hurts... to be dead?"
    " I can feel myself rot."

FYI, anyone in Toronto, Return of the Living Dead is playing Halloween night at the TIFF Bell Lightbox on King Street.