Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: What year was the Type 2 introduced?

Images
    Blog Entries

MM '08 What year was the Type 2 introduced?

What year was the Type 2 figure released? and what year was the Type 1 no longer packaged?
    Last edited by glimpy; Oct 24, '18 at 10:04 PM.

1974 .never forget that.both type 1 and 2 we're mixed in assortments.the first type 2 I ever saw was the Star trek figures.shortly after getting the apes which were type 1 at that time.i remember thinking wow these look a lot better then the first
    Bodies.and the super heros were far better looking.

Images
    The molds are marked '74, but I was thinking the production change/release occurred in '75? Trek, WGSH wave 3, knights, monsters, POTA wave 2, and Oz each had both T1 and T2 bodies.

But Waltons and later figures were T2. It's confusing to me--I guess I thought the body was created in '74 and implemented in '75.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 27, '18 at 8:02 PM.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thanks boys!! That really clears up a a question I had in mind