X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glimpy
    Loco Chango
    • Feb 5, 2012

What year was the Type 2 introduced?

What year was the Type 2 figure released? and what year was the Type 1 no longer packaged?
    Last edited by glimpy; Oct 24, '18, 10:04 PM.
    sigpic
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

1974 .never forget that.both type 1 and 2 we're mixed in assortments.the first type 2 I ever saw was the Star trek figures.shortly after getting the apes which were type 1 at that time.i remember thinking wow these look a lot better then the first
    Bodies.and the super heros were far better looking.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

The molds are marked '74, but I was thinking the production change/release occurred in '75? Trek, WGSH wave 3, knights, monsters, POTA wave 2, and Oz each had both T1 and T2 bodies.

But Waltons and later figures were T2. It's confusing to me--I guess I thought the body was created in '74 and implemented in '75.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 27, '18, 8:02 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• glimpy
        Loco Chango
        • Feb 5, 2012

Thanks boys!! That really clears up a a question I had in mind
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎