Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite Mego 2018 figure thus far?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mars396
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 14, 2007

Question:
    Do I need to rebuy Chekov, Sulu, and Spock ?
    It looks to me like the EMCE versions are superior.
    (I see that The Gorn is substantially improved, and the Romulan has a slight improvement, but the others look like steps backwards to me, or are they exactly the same ?)

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

If you want to support Mego, you need to buy the new ones.

Comment

• MysteryWho
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 16, 2008

I posted a thread a while back addressing this question, as I wasn't sure which ones to replace myself. The Gorn seems better, not to disparage Emce's fine work (after all, they came out with the new Gorn sculpt first). I missed the Emce Romulan, so that was an easy decision, but I already had Sulu, Chekov, and the Mirror figures. I eventually decided I needed them. Sulu and Chekov are good custom fodder, change some heads and you have new crew members. I also wanted to tweak the Mirror figures to be a hair more accurate (replace the legs with regular ones and add Blackbeard boots, etc.) and my Emces are in the package still. In the end I only passed on Spock. So even the repeat figures have purpose, whether you missed the Emces or not. If you can afford to get them all, go ahead you will find purpose for them. If not, but the ones you don't have. That's my 2 cents
        Originally posted by mars396
        Question:
        Do I need to rebuy Chekov, Sulu, and Spock ?
        It looks to me like the EMCE versions are superior
        (I see that The Gorn is substantially improved, and the Romulan has a slight improvement, but the others look like steps backwards to me, or are they exactly the same ?)

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I did not re-buy Sulu, Chekov, or Spock. I like their tunic colors better, but their collars, cuffs, and insignia are all or the map.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎