Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

I hope dc direct continues to make the TV figures.I would like Killer Frost,Vibe and Black Lightning.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

What a great crossover. My only disappointment was Shipp's Flash didn't get enough play once he showed up. Hope he returns in Crisis!

It really was a glorified cameo. I was pretty amazed at how cool the Monitor looked, in a movie they'd have used cgi to craft him but here, they were forced to get creative and it totally worked.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I think the Batwoman series is timed just right since Gotham is ending. I am just glad that Batwoman will not go the way of Gotham. Talk about a huge 'Elseworld' series. Bruce Wayne never got the training that the comic book version did and his main villains are at least 10 years older than him. When I head about Gotham I was hoping it would go more toward the 'Sparanos
        mob boss running Gotham City having Gordon trying to keep the chaos down for a few years with intro like Court of Owls as the year long villain. they when Bat-***** crazy instead having the Batman villain as adults. Yes I tuned it every week just to see what crazy mess would happen. Now the final season where dealing with No Mans Land???

At least in Batwoman, the Bat-legacy is established so Kate Kane is trying to keep Gotham from going too crazy. With casting calls for Lucas Fox aka Batwing, Bette Kane aka Hawkfire and Elizabeth Kane aka Alice we have good ground base. Love the seen in Arkham Asylum with Batman rogues and do hope to see some of them in the future but since the comic book Batwoman has her own list a villains:

Comic Vine Batwoman villains

we could venture into the mystic or monsterious characters...
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

I really enjoyed the 3 part but, I found myself longing for Batman. The Bat hasn't been on the small screen since the 60's. It's time. Past time, to have Batman on TV again. Any version of him. I would take a Bat from some other parallel world would be fine. It's like they're just dropping Easter eggs to "egg" us on.

I too watch Gotham but, It has turned into a soap opera like the other shows. I don't care who's boinking who. I want solid stories with a lot of action.
          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

Where do you think the Monitor sent the E-90 Flash?

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

Maybe I am the only one who feels a little disappointed by the crossover? I was so excited for Superman and Lois, but turns out I thought the 2nd episode in Gotham with Batwoman was the best of the 3 parts. It felt the most like a buddy team up story, with them in jail and then getting their act together - not to mention the fear toxin sequence! That was great! But I just found the overall concept, the WHY of the storyline, sort of poor. I know it was a setup for Crisis, but this seemed less epic than Invasion or even Crisis on Earth X. A cosmic god tests Earth 1 by giving a worldchanging book to someone who is unhinged? What is the motivation for this, and why the wacko doctor of all the people on Earth? My boyfriend, who doesn't read comics but is forced to watch all of these shows with me and mainly knows his lore from the tv and movies, pointed out there are only supposed to be 52 earths so to him the preface set on an Earth 90 made no sense. Stephen Amell is free to wear tight red spandex anytime he wants, but I didn't really buy Grant Gustin as Green Arrow. A lot of the comedy and injokes felt forced to me, too. And I missed Sara Lance not being in the mix. Legends has become its own lighthearted thing, but it seems like her character has been largely written off from the heavier connections she once had with the Arrowverse. Which I think is a shame, as she was once so complicated. So far I still think Invasion has been the best crossover they've done.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

I loved this crossover. ....but, once again they made Superman a wuss. I mean come on, he was getting his *** handed to him the whole episode in part 3. I actually really like this actor in the role, he really has that gee, gosh sensibility, but come on, this is Superman, the worlds mightiest mortal. I really like this actress they cast as Lois too

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I think the creators fell into Justice League animated season one's trap of "Let's show how tough this guy is by beating up Superman."

I didn't care for Superman's "you're stronger than me" line to Supergirl either. It has nothing to do with the fact that she's a woman... but c'mon. This is Superman. It makes sense for the character to be so humble, and Kara did give him the eyeroll, but it still seemed like the creators were nerfing Superman to pump up their lead. I know its her show, but when he shows up, he should be THE hero. On ANYONE's show!

And my one major complaint was the Supergirl chapter once again hinged on Alex Danvers. Yeesh. I like the actress, and I'm fine with the character's orientation, but gee whiz, I watch my first episode in a year, and it's still about Alex's journey. I don't watch to watch a show called "Alex Danvers", I want to watch "Supergirl".

The scenes with Superman and Lois were genuinely adorable, and I loved her Kidder-esque outfit in the Fortress. That whole scene was magic.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                    Maybe I am the only one who feels a little disappointed by the crossover? I was so excited for Superman and Lois, but turns out I thought the 2nd episode in Gotham with Batwoman was the best of the 3 parts. It felt the most like a buddy team up story, with them in jail and then getting their act together - not to mention the fear toxin sequence! That was great! But I just found the overall concept, the WHY of the storyline, sort of poor. I know it was a setup for Crisis, but this seemed less epic than Invasion or even Crisis on Earth X. A cosmic god tests Earth 1 by giving a worldchanging book to someone who is unhinged? What is the motivation for this, and why the wacko doctor of all the people on Earth? My boyfriend, who doesn't read comics but is forced to watch all of these shows with me and mainly knows his lore from the tv and movies, pointed out there are only supposed to be 52 earths so to him the preface set on an Earth 90 made no sense. Stephen Amell is free to wear tight red spandex anytime he wants, but I didn't really buy Grant Gustin as Green Arrow. A lot of the comedy and injokes felt forced to me, too. And I missed Sara Lance not being in the mix. Legends has become its own lighthearted thing, but it seems like her character has been largely written off from the heavier connections she once had with the Arrowverse. Which I think is a shame, as she was once so complicated. So far I still think Invasion has been the best crossover they've done.
                    You're not the only one. I loved all the little details, and all the cool fan service, but for the most part, it was still the mopey-talky-lecture-y stuff that's really stalled these shows in the last couple years, punctuated with the undeniably cool bits.

I was floored that they wasted 1990 Flash like that. Given how that was one of the first images they leaked and the whole thing kicked off with him, I thought he was going to be a significant player. If they were going for the cameo approach as they did, they should have held that card close and made it a surprise (like when he appeared to warn the heroes). Batwoman was a bit of a letdown too, as I thought she'd get more a team-up rather than the extended set-up and then a quick pop-up.

I also found myself wondering why Earth-90's heroes failed the test so miserably, as it didn't seem that hard to beat for a Justice League-type group (Maybe because they don't have a Superman? Maybe they have more effective crazy people to give the book to on their Earth?)

I didn't dislike it -- and I liked a lot of elements -- but it fell short, IMO. And I agree, Invasion was a better crossover story that felt more like a comic crossover.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

I didn't care for Superman's "you're stronger than me" line to Supergirl either. It has nothing to do with the fact that she's a woman... but c'mon. This is Superman. It makes sense for the character to be so humble, and Kara did give him the eyeroll, but it still seemed like the creators were nerfing Superman to pump up their lead. I know its her show, but when he shows up, he should be THE hero. On ANYONE's show!

And my one major complaint was the Supergirl chapter once again hinged on Alex Danvers. Yeesh. I like the actress, and I'm fine with the character's orientation, but gee whiz, I watch my first episode in a year, and it's still about Alex's journey. I don't watch to watch a show called "Alex Danvers", I want to watch "Supergirl".

The scenes with Superman and Lois were genuinely adorable, and I loved her Kidder-esque outfit in the Fortress. That whole scene was magic.

Chris
                      the Alex thing has been one of my biggest complaints about the show and for the same reasons. in fact it's one of the reasons I stopped watching it. Just sick and tired of all the drama surrounding her character

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

I'm hoping but I doubt it'll happen that when they do Crisis next year they have someone similar to Golden Age Superman show up.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

I would love to see Smallville & Lois & Clark The New Adventures of Superman, Legends of Tomorrow JSA, and Black Lightning show up!!
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

If Dean Cain or Welling showed up as a older "Earth-Two" like Superman along with Shipp as the Flash, I'd be really happy.

What if Lynda Carter played Diana again, but now she's the queen of the Amazons? That way she could play the character again, without having to be uncomfortable in the costume.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                              8 Inch Action Figure
                              • Nov 15, 2005

If Dean Cain or Welling showed up as a older "Earth-Two" like Superman along with Shipp as the Flash, I'd be really happy.
                              Chris
                              I'll go one step further: Ever since they started the multiverse on this show, I've been thinking (now especially that they're doing Crisis), they need to go all in and just go for it and line up every Superman they can get -- Cain, Welling, Routh, Gerard Christopher, John Haymes-Newton, and heck, even Ron Ely -- and give us one epic moment of all the Superman from all the realities teaming up to hold off whatever plot device while the show regulars take on the threat for the bulk of the story.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

^I like the way you think!

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢