X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Wave 3: Captain Kirk in Green Shirt

A welcome sight at wave three reveals is Captain Kirk in his classic Green tunic, something Mego fans have wanted for decades. Wave three is set to be released at Target stores in November but some of them are popping up right now, check your stores! Shop for Mego on Ebay and each click supports…

More...
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Funny how he's pictured on the card wearing the gold shirt, but not a big deal, this is a nice figure, but like I stated earlier
    I'm not so crazy about the likeness, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

This is definitely on my shopping list! I like how the braid is printed on.
      It's all good!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

looks great. the paint on the yes looks to be off though, kind of like the MM version

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

I love it! I've had a custom of this for years but, it's great to see Mego have him out officially. I'm hopeful they keep going with the Trek line. I'm still holding my breath for Janice Rand, Nurse Chapel a total remake of an accurate Mugatu as well as many others.

Happy Megoing Y'all!
          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• rykerw1701
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
            I love it! I've had a custom of this for years but, it's great to see Mego have him out officially. I'm hopeful they keep going with the Trek line. I'm still holding my breath for Janice Rand, Nurse Chapel a total remake of an accurate Mugatu as well as many others.

Happy Megoing Y'all!

Yep, me too. Used a Playmates shirt and cut it down to scale. But an official one with cleaner lines would be great. The Playmates Mugato is also good and the scale works well, but it's not Mego, so I hope they revisit it. All new characters are really what has me the most interested, like the rest of us.

Comment

• toothaction
              Career Member
              • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
              ... a total remake of an accurate Mugatu ...
              Originally posted by rykerw1701
              The Playmates Mugato is also good and the scale works well, but it's not Mego, so I hope they revisit it.
              Never having had my hands on an original, I wouldn't mind a cheap swing at a Christmas Elf version, but the new Cowardly Lion doll's outfit seems to confirm that a way more accurate Mugato is possible to achieve within the new price point. Fingers crossed for you two!
              >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• knight errant00
                8 Inch Action Figure
                • Nov 15, 2005

This is my second choice in the "if they make only one ST figure we haven't seen yet" list, so YAY!

I'm still hoping for green Orion Slave girl Vina . . . that's all I'm asking Marty and the Doc for . . .

Comment

• Klosterheim
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 23, 2013

That figure is amazing!

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

He looks good.

Comment

• knight errant00
                      8 Inch Action Figure
                      • Nov 15, 2005

What I really like about (hopefully) the green shirt Kirk in my display: he's not a variant for the gold shirt Kirk... He's a second "Enemy Within" Kirk.

Comment

• toothaction
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by knight errant00
                        What I really like about (hopefully) the green shirt Kirk in my display: he's not a variant for the gold shirt Kirk... He's a second "Enemy Within" Kirk.
                        Somebody should make little red facewound decals!
                        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

I'll buy one even though I own a Dave Mc(2nd edition)green shirt Kirk. Again though, I'm really bummed about the paint job on the head. How can Doc Mego get it so RIGHT with the EMCE one he produced...but the new Mego can't?? I just don't get it. Oh well, I guess I'll be opening him...off to eBay to pick up another loose Kirk. Already replace my Mirror, Mirror Kirk with an original Mego one.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                            Career Member
                            • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by knight errant00
                            This is my second choice in the "if they make only one ST figure we haven't seen yet" list, so YAY!

I'm still hoping for green Orion Slave girl Vina . . . that's all I'm asking Marty and the Doc for . . .
                            I have a Captain Dunsel / Dave Mc. Orion slave girl "Yvonne Craig from "Whom Gods Destroy" episode. I would be pleasantly surprised if Mego could nail an Orion to look that good but, I would absolutely welcome a Vina figure to add to my trek Megos.
                            My #1 on my Trek wish like is an accurate Yeoman Janice Rand. This has been a long time coming for me. There is a long list of other wants but Rand is on the top of my list.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                              Career Member
                              • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
                              I'll buy one even though I own a Dave Mc(2nd edition)green shirt Kirk. Again though, I'm really bummed about the paint job on the head. How can Doc Mego get it so RIGHT with the EMCE one he produced...but the new Mego can't?? I just don't get it. Oh well, I guess I'll be opening him...off to eBay to pick up another loose Kirk. Already replace my Mirror, Mirror Kirk with an original Mego one.
                              I know they are under a big crunch to get product out the door. The factory is probably just grabbing the evil Kirk head from Mirror Universe to use on this figure. I'll just buy this for the shirt and put it on another Kirk figure. One can never have enough Trek figures.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎