Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple little things you miss about Halloween...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I miss my kids being children. That made Halloween fun.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
      Seeing all the cool Beistle decorations on Teachers' doors,
      I deeply miss seeing Beistle decorations in shops.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
        I almost forgot about that smells of fall. I/we moved to Florida 8 years ago from Indiana and it was a huge mistake. I was running for the harsh winters but, forgot all about how much I loved the other 3 seasons.
        There's only 2 seasons in Florida. Tolerable and DANG HOT!
        The beautiful colored leaves falling to the ground. The cool, crisp air in the morning walking to school. The awesome smell of neighbors burning leaves in their yard. Hay rides. Haunted attractions everywhere. The money I made fixing and making props for Halloween attractions. :::sigh::: Now, I'm homesick...
        Originally from Indiana and Chris is from Kentucky.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, the smells are awesome. The crispness of the air is my favorite. The leaves are just now changing color and falling here, probably due to all the rain we had this year.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

It’s begun to already feel like late fall here in NYC. Seeing many Halloween decorations, I was reminded that I had better stop at CVS for some candy.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
              Career Member
              • Nov 22, 2011

I feel bad for kids these days. They will never know how much fun we got to have as children. On Halloween, we "group of kids on my road" would all get together and go trick or treating together. We didn't need adults once we got passed the tiny kid stage. The older kids kept us in line and watch out for us. Never a thought of someone bullying, stealing our candy or God knows what else can happen these days. We stayed out until we filled our "pillow cases" with candy and could barely carry them. We didn't do the TP-ing houses or egging until we were teens. We had a pretty scary grave yard that we had to walk by while Trick or treating. That was always a major scare for us. Times were simple but oh so peaceful and so happy. I grew up in the 60's and 70's and I can't even remember hearing anything of race riots and war.
              We raised our girls in the 80s and 90s. It wasn't as bad as it is now but, still a far cry from the wonderful times I had as a kid. So glad I grew up when I did.
              "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Spawn67
                Career Member
                • Aug 14, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
                Seeing all the cool Beistle decorations on Teachers' doors, and having the Music teacher show you the Dance Macabre filmstrip with the accompanying record with music.
                You mean this? Your welcome! 😊

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

not getting any trick or treaters at this house. Our last we ran out of candy two years in a row so its a bit of let down here. Also miss going to see monster movies around that time of year, saw Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D in Peoria one year and A Frankenstein marathon another with all the Universal series. My high school in Illinois usually played a Hammer movie every year for a fundraiser too.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎