Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Simple little things you miss about Halloween...

Images
    I feel bad for kids these days. They will never know how much fun we got to have as children. On Halloween, we "group of kids on my road" would all get together and go trick or treating together. We didn't need adults once we got passed the tiny kid stage. The older kids kept us in line and watch out for us. Never a thought of someone bullying, stealing our candy or God knows what else can happen these days. We stayed out until we filled our "pillow cases" with candy and could barely carry them. We didn't do the TP-ing houses or egging until we were teens. We had a pretty scary grave yard that we had to walk by while Trick or treating. That was always a major scare for us. Times were simple but oh so peaceful and so happy. I grew up in the 60's and 70's and I can't even remember hearing anything of race riots and war.
    We raised our girls in the 80s and 90s. It wasn't as bad as it is now but, still a far cry from the wonderful times I had as a kid. So glad I grew up when I did.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Seeing all the cool Beistle decorations on Teachers' doors, and having the Music teacher show you the Dance Macabre filmstrip with the accompanying record with music.
    You mean this? Your welcome! 😊
    http://youtu.be/gJWjGO-fTbg

Images
    Blog Entries
    not getting any trick or treaters at this house. Our last we ran out of candy two years in a row so its a bit of let down here. Also miss going to see monster movies around that time of year, saw Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D in Peoria one year and A Frankenstein marathon another with all the Universal series. My high school in Illinois usually played a Hammer movie every year for a fundraiser too.
    Planet Earth is Blue