Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. I'm pretty disgusted with the new Mego.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Brue
    Seriously? First, many of the new figures look AWESOME! Second, you do realize Mego ALWAYS has made characters that are a little off. Perhaps if you find these an embarrassment, you are in the wrong place?
    Agreed. I was able to finally get a Lugosi Dracula and I think he looks terrific.

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

There are certainly some that look better than others. CTVT Al Bundy looks better than Mego. But I'm not interested in that property. I love the show. Just don't need toys of it. I'm skipping all of the sitcom characters so far.

But Trek and the monsters? Total knockouts. I also like their musicians (well, not KISS, because I'm not a fan, but the sculpts and costumes are cool, and I bought Hendrix).

If they're not to your liking, that's fine, just don't buy. But they are REAL Megos.
      Last edited by B-Lister; Nov 18, '18, 3:45 AM.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• GlobalObserver
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 12, 2004

I wish Mego would make more of the figures we want, and fewer of those we don't.

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
          I wish Mego would make more of the figures we want, and fewer of those we don't.
          The figure choices were Target's call for the most part, not Mego's. If/when Target's exclusivity period comes to an end, Mego Corp. will likely get an opportunity to acquire licences to make figures we all want.
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

And even if they began now, we wouldn't begin to see those adjustments immediately.

That said, I believe Mego is aware of the situation, and will be making adjustments.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

Here's an idea ...... if you don't like them then don't buy them. Suggestions are one thing but all the hate is ridiculous. Remember these are toys, it's supposed to be fun. Don't rain on those that do enjoy them.

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                Here's an idea ...... if you don't like them then don't buy them. Suggestions are one thing but all the hate is ridiculous. Remember these are toys, it's supposed to be fun. Don't rain on those that do enjoy them.
                amen. The anxiety I have experienced being exposed to such hate is ridiculous ...and I don't have any skin in the game and it bothers me. I hate it. I got word about the Joker coats being offered on the Ambassador Facebook page - when I got there, some Justin guy was already busting balls and even said Mego was bilking us....I saw red and almost lost my shet...deep breath couple replies and then a block. But wow. I felt my blood pressure nearly double and it wasn't because I got to see someone post a new figure.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                  Here's another idea. Don't like my posts then don't read them. I'm entitled to my opinion just like anybody else...this is a FORUM where ALL opinions are welcome, not just those you agree with. Toys ARE supposed to be fun. These aren't. They have all the same quality issues as FTC, which some people seem happy to overlook just because these cost less. I'm not. And aside from the quality issues they're damn near impossible to find for anyone who DOES want them. This isn't "hate" or negativity. It's simply stating the facts. These figures DO have many quality issues, and they are hard to obtain.

I was a member of the Mego Ambassador's Facebook page, and when I asked about the 14" Batman issues, I was given a scripted non-answer. When I asked again, I was BANNED. No name calling on my part, no profanity, I was nothing but polite. I was removed just because I asked a question somebody didn't like. That tells me all I need to know about the "new" Mego. I feel I should also point out that I praised the new 14" Mego Flash. That figure is PERFECT and shows that Mego CAN achieve that level of quality while keeping within their price point, which makes the obvious flaws with other figures that much more disappointing.

And I can also tell you this...a VERY prominent, respected member of these forums has messaged me privately that they feel the exact same way I do, but they haven't said anything publicly for the sake of keeping the peace. They're voting with their wallet instead. But they're still NOT buying the new Megos, and they would be if not for the issues I pointed out among others. If you don't agree with me, that's fine, but when it's MY money, I get to say what is acceptable quality and what isn't. NOT YOU, nor anybody else. We clear?

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by hobub
                    Oh well maybe some Barbie collectors are happy.
                    Not really. I mean occasionally Mattel will briefly remember 80s kids and you'll get something nice like the Day to Night Barbie or the Totally Hair Barbie reissues. But they generally drop the ball like with the Golden Dream Barbie or Dream Date Barbie homages and put them on those damnable model muse bodies. Gods, I hate that body style.

I also suppose Mego doing a non zombie Candi would be nice. But they are really not doing anything for the Barbie collector either.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Don't worry, I rarely read your posts. I try to steer clear of posts that are always whining about one thing or another. My post wasn't specially pointing at you, as I said suggestions, questions are fine, even complaints are but some people seem to take the quality of a toy too personal and to say that Mego should have never made the new figures are completely nuts. We clear?

Comment

• Mary Canary
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 21, 2017

So I just want to share this ridiculous Target story...

A week and a half ago, I ordered a 14" Flash (for myself) and a Blair (for a friend) because they popped up on the Target website and with the free 2 day shipping, I was like "Why not?" The free 2 day shipping is great if you want to get 1 or 2 figures at a time and not pay standard shipping costs. As some of you may know, I live in Canada. So I shipped the 2 figures to a friend in the US who my bf was going to see this past weekend. Free shipping, and my bf could then pick up my parcel from the friend and bring back to me. Seemed perfect, right? The items were in stock online, and with the 2 day shipping and more than 2 days to get there, I thought it would be fine.

I get a notification that the Flash has shipped. But for whatever reason, Blair did not ship. "Ok," I think, "well at least the Flash will make it to our friend in time. And there's still time for Blair to ship and make it in 2 days." Then I get a notice from Target that the delivery eta for the Flash was revised... to 2 days after my bf and my friend plan to see each other. This is not 2 day shipping!!! What gives??? The week passes by, and I'm hoping maybe Target is just wrong and the Flash will arrive in time, and still no notice about Blair shipping.

I decided to ask Target what was going on, so I got on their little chat thingy with customer service. Yep, they can definitely see the Flash will not arrive until after the weekend. And then they tell me Blair will ship on Friday and arrive on Sunday??? Is the US postal service doing deliveries on Sundays? This is also after the day my bf and my friend would be meeting up. So neither figure is going to arrive at my friend's in time. So the Target person apologizes and offers me a 10% refund on my purchase. I explain that I'll have to have my figures reshipped which is going to cost me money, so can they give me a 20% refund instead? Ok. So they process this refund, I ended up getting like $13 back. This seems more than 20% of what I paid, but I'm, not complaining about that.

So then I tell my friend than neither box is going to arrive in time, and she says "Oh, something arrived yesterday but I don't know what it is." I'm thinking it has to be the Flash, because he shipped first. Nope, it's Blair. Even though Target told me she hadn't even shipped yet. So my bf goes to the US for the weekend, gets the Blair figure, still no Flash, comes back. And then Target emails me to let me know my Blair figure is shipping. I'm so confused. Is this a 2nd Blair figure???

Long story short... I got free shipping, but it wasn't 2 days. I paid $20 + $12 for the figures, then somehow got $13 back from Target. Blair shipped with no notification and arrived overnight. I have no idea where my Flash figure is, hopefully my friend has received him by now but not sure how I'll get him from her. And I have a shipping notice for Blair that doesn't have any information on when she will be delivered or if this is another Blair or the first Blair.

As long as I can get my Flash figure and not have to pay to have him shipped to me, it's like Blair was free. But what is the deal??? Someone(s) at Target is crazy!!

---

Anyway, I have mostly been happy with my Target/new Mego experiences. But this kind of sent me over the edge for a minute. I don't want to be on the negative bandwagon, I love the new Mego stuff, but goodness, it's the 21st century, Target! Online shopping should be so much smoother for a big company like you.

I'm curious... Has Marty Abrams or anyone from Mego addressed the availability issues with wave 3, either in stores or online (where they pop on and off for 5 minutes at a time and are so hard to shop for)? It's been a few weeks. I thought things might even out with the distribution, but since that hasn't happened, has anyone gotten any info on what the deal is? I expect this is not how Marty Abrams wanted things to go with these figures. I'm not mad at Mego. I love every figure I have, and it's not their fault that Target isn't in the game. I just wondered if anyone had heard anything yet...

Comment

• toothaction
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 15, 2017

^ Ooof, I could share some Target customer service stories as well! More of the same, mostly, but trying to get to the bottom of various mysteries has usually ended up in some sort of satisfaction... primarily just financial, though. Could be worse.

Best of luck with your MIA red leotard!

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                          I'm curious... Has Marty Abrams or anyone from Mego addressed the availability issues with wave 3, either in stores or online (where they pop on and off for 5 minutes at a time and are so hard to shop for)? It's been a few weeks. I thought things might even out with the distribution, but since that hasn't happened, has anyone gotten any info on what the deal is? I expect this is not how Marty Abrams wanted things to go with these figures. I'm not mad at Mego. I love every figure I have, and it's not their fault that Target isn't in the game. I just wondered if anyone had heard anything yet...
                          Back towards the beginning of the month I had a DM exchange with Doc over on Facebook and he told me that Target was aware of the problems and had promised to have the online situation ironed out by the week prior. A couple more info dribbles were passed around there, nothing concrete, and yesterday morning this public exchange occurred:

So... more of the same. Hearteningish?
                          Last edited by toothaction; Nov 20, '18, 7:32 PM.
                          >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Makernaut
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 22, 2015

I am completely happy with every single New Mego I have bought, to this point. I think the value is exceptional when balanced against the price point. Pretty freaking remarkable, in fact. I've passed on a bunch because I have zero interest in the property...just like I did when Mego was in its first incarnation.

The frustration with Target's distribution has created that thing we all know as "The Hunt". That thing we act like we hate, but on balance, it is the weird itch we all love to scratch because it creates stories. In the long run, that's what gives things meaning. Especially, silly sh*t like this that to be honest, has no inherent meaning. Look at the life it is pumping into this board! "Who has found this?" "What are you seeing in your neck of the woods?" I love going out to look and I love reading what you all have found, just as I love reporting what I have seen and bought. I am caught up in this like all of you are, but we all have to remember that not having something "NOW" does not equal "I will never have it".

And please don't read that as me presuming to lecture people that are my peers. I have to tell myself the same thing and that's why I have formulated these thoughts.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Makernaut
                              I am completely happy with every single New Mego I have bought, to this point. I think the value is exceptional when balanced against the price point. Pretty freaking remarkable, in fact. I've passed on a bunch because I have zero interest in the property...just like I did when Mego was in its first incarnation.

The frustration with Target's distribution has created that thing we all know as "The Hunt". That thing we act like we hate, but on balance, it is the weird itch we all love to scratch because it creates stories. In the long run, that's what gives things meaning. Especially, silly sh*t like this that to be honest, has no inherent meaning. Look at the life it is pumping into this board! "Who has found this?" "What are you seeing in your neck of the woods?" I love going out to look and I love reading what you all have found, just as I love reporting what I have seen and bought. I am caught up in this like all of you are, but we all have to remember that not having something "NOW" does not equal "I will never have it".

And please don't read that as me presuming to lecture people that are my peers. I have to tell myself the same thing and that's why I have formulated these thoughts.
                              I agree with the sentiment they are just things. Certainly fun, certainly not critical, certainly something I can live with out.

But the "hunt" is not something I'm interested in. (Flashbacks to collecting Toy Biz figures in the 1990s.) I don't think it's about entitlement. Not for me. I just prefer convenience. Maybe if I had 3 or 4 Targets close by that I could pop into now and again, but that's not really an option for me. Plus, I'm just too old and preoccupied with the other parts of life. I'm not really interested in chasing down or feeling desperate over toys. That's why I don't like convention exclusives and so on. But life goes on.

Comment

• Makernaut
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 22, 2015

^ Oh, I get that and I don't think there is any real "entitlement" feeling from anybody I have heard express an opinion. I just sense (and sometimes feel) the frustration, but I honestly feel that when the dust settles, everyone will have what they wanted without paying scalpers. Just might take some time, but it'll happen. These aren't exclusive, by any stretch. It'll all pan out.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎