X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarvelousCustoms
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 28, 2017

Dr Curt Connors & The Lizard

This was a custom I always wanted to do and being a Spidey fan I gave it a go. The Dr Connors head is an EMCE Scotty head. It's slimmer than Mego and I didn't want the good Dr looking like he needed a diet. Painted the hair Red Brown using Tamiya Paints. The black shirt and pants on both are CTVT. The Dr Lab coat which is pristine is Dr Megos, The Lizards lab coat looking frailed is original Mego. The body of Connor I used a Type S so I could pull the right forearm and still have something to hold the coat on with. The Lizard is an original Type 2 Mego. I wanted the pants color to match so I dyed both of the pants in the same dye. They were maroon and I dyed it purple and got that purple/maroon color which actually looks amazing. It looks more like the comic color than I expected. I cut the lizards pants legs shorter like the Mego version and sealed them on the inside using liquid stitch. I left the lab coat unclean and frail because if his pants are frail then the coat shouldn't look new. Just an after thought. Also transplanted the tail using liquid stitch.
    Thanks for looking
    Last edited by MarvelousCustoms; Oct 22, '18, 6:33 AM.
    Visit my store for all your Mego needs and Figure Factory customs

https://www.worldsgreatestsuperheroes.com/
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Pretty cool looking custom, and I like how you did the pants and hair, and looking at this head it sort of reminds me of
    Six million dollar man Steve Austin.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎