Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boostergold
    • Jan 22, 2013

Looking for 2018 Spock and Romulan Commander

Looking for 2018 Spock and Romulan Commander.

If you have any, please let me know how much.

Thanks
  • Capt_Kirk
    Career Member
    • Nov 22, 2011

Spock is on the website. Were all looking for the Romulan commander.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
      Spock is on the website. Were all looking for the Romulan commander.
      Yeah, but this is what Spock looks like on the website:
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Wave 3 Romulan are on eBay and there selling prices are ridiculous, practically 4 times the price, and there not even
        in the Target stores or on the website yet.

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

If your not on the Mego Ambassador group, you should go there.
          When I go to Target I usually post a live video now, and if they turn up, I'll take requests to purchase for people.
          A single fig is $22 shipped via Priority Mail in the lower 48. I don't make anything just happy to help.

Spock usually shows up at every other Target I hit, I just picked up and sent out two last week to members.
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
            Career Member
            • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by darkbros
            If your not on the Mego Ambassador group, you should go there.
            When I go to Target I usually post a live video now, and if they turn up, I'll take requests to purchase for people.
            A single fig is $22 shipped via Priority Mail in the lower 48. I don't make anything just happy to help.

Spock usually shows up at every other Target I hit, I just picked up and sent out two last week to members.
            Wow! that's very nice of you.
            "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

I do what I can. Unfortunately it looks like I can't send to International Members, as they are balking at the total cost of Priority Mail International.
              Not our Canada Mego brethern, they seem to be ok. I'm talking the Jolly ol' Megolanders.

Sometimes, its about bringing some sanity to the insane world we live in.

I also do trades for some items as you know Cap for people would rather trade than pay cash.
              *shrugs* I don't look for much though, so no takers yet in that arena....

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by darkbros
                I do what I can. Unfortunately it looks like I can't send to International Members, as they are balking at the total cost of Priority Mail International.
                Not our Canada Mego brethern, they seem to be ok. I'm talking the Jolly ol' Megolanders.

Sometimes, its about bringing some sanity to the insane world we live in.

I also do trades for some items as you know Cap for people would rather trade than pay cash.
                *shrugs* I don't look for much though, so no takers yet in that arena....
                hey terry its super cool that you offer to do this for folks , and i applaud you for it

but to be clear i only baulked at your offer to buy from you after you changed the terms of our trade , for no other reason than your requested $88 shipped for a single $20 figure even when considering your finders fee and tax,and i wouldn't expect you or anyone to be out of pocket over helping someone out ,but this is way over the top of what seems reasonable to me

mileage may vary
                when even ebay scalpers only charge on average $14 to $23 postage for the same item ,
                it was nothing personal just seems a un reasonable amount of postage costs ,when i consider had 4x 14 inch figures sent on a express mail service double boxed for $75 from a member on here ,

but again thanks for the opportunity and sorry it didn't work out

Comment

• toothaction
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                  hey terry its super cool that you offer to do this for folks , and i applaud you for it ...
                  Out of curiosity, what country do you call home?
                  >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 3, 2009

hi im in the land without toys or as the rest of the world knows it ,the uk
                    Last edited by libby 1957dog; Oct 25, '18, 2:39 AM.

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

hey terry its super cool that you offer to do this for folks , and i applaud you for it

but to be clear i only baulked at your offer to buy from you after you changed the terms of our trade , for no other reason than your requested $88 shipped for a single $20 figure even when considering your finders fee and tax,and i wouldn't expect you or anyone to be out of pocket over helping someone out ,but this is way over the top of what seems reasonable to me

mileage may vary
                      when even ebay scalpers only charge on average $14 to $23 postage for the same item ,
                      it was nothing personal just seems a un reasonable amount of postage costs ,when i consider had 4x 14 inch figures sent on a express mail service double boxed for $75 from a member on here ,

but again thanks for the opportunity and sorry it didn't work out
                      Actually LibbyDog I wasn't speaking about you in my post. Funny how you couldn't ask me about that privately and jumped to the conclusion it was you!

But since you want to make a big issue of it, When I had left it alone, let's break this down so that everyone get the clearest picture of this.

When we first talked, you didn't mention that you were in the UK.
                      So I assumed you lived stateside.
                      The item I wanted to trade for was a complete Mattel RAH Wonder Woman outfit, including boots.
                      You mentioned you had one loose and one carded.
                      You asked me what I thought each was worth.
                      I told you that worth is subjective, like art, and the each person would have their own opinion.
                      I told you between $30 to $50, but again, it was subjective to what someone wanted to pay for it.

You said the Carded one was in better shape.

I said the carded one would be closer to what my actual costs would be to get you the figure.

You then said you expected Postage to be somewhere between $12-$15.

I told you that I ship Priority Mail ( which is trackable and has a better reliability of reaching destinations than first class or media mail).

You gave me your address, which Suprise! is in the UK.
                      I went to http://www.usps.com, and entered in the dimensions of the box, the weight, and your address into their site.
                      Anyone can do this, to see I'm right: the box is 18Lx9wx9H, weight is 2lbs
                      shipping from Oklahoma City, OK 73119
                      International Priority Mail with Customs came up to $55.

chrislibby.jpg

So I offered due to the high shipping to cut it down to the cost of the figure ($23 which is $19.99 plus OK sales tax of 9.1%) plus just my gas to drive
                      back to the post office to mail it, not charging you for the Gas to just go get the figure in the first place, total of $82 and even then you didn't want to do the trade
                      because you felt the Carded figure was worth more than the what you were getting, and you only offered the loose one.

When I told you I was confused, because we had discussed that what I felt the carded figure was worth was subjective, and you never said at the outset of our negotiations that
                      the carded figure was NOT available, or NOT worth the cost of what you were wanting to get in trade, but was an OPTION on the table, you then decided to back out.

All you had to do was say the following:

1. I have an loose suit to offer in trade.
                      2. If you want a complete, figure, I have one also, but I would only trade for two 2018 megos, as I feel her value is worth more than one single 2018 Mego.
                      3. I live in the UK

That's it. There would have been no Confusion, no problems and no issues.

Thus I chalked it up to poor communication to begin with, and moved on, and wished you the best. I showed you everything honestly to show you weren't getting cheated or scalped, and moved on.
                      I have other people to help and deal with, so I kept it moving.

And again, I wasn't talking to or about you, you assumed ( and rather wrongly) that I was discussing you. I am all over the Mego Ambassador Board and Mego Mania posting what I find,
                      and my FB Messenger has like several requests from people who want me to get stuff from all over the place.

You shouldn't assume....I'll let you figure out the rest. GIYF

As for what Ebay scalpers do, I'm not privy to what they do. You sent me an auction picture claiming " Oh look they'll send it to me for $23 bucks."
                      I went to look and I changed my mailing address to yours. It came up as "$24 plus Import Duty Taxes apply."

So again, don't know if they are using some other metric, get better rates because they are a company vs being an individual, etc.
                      All I know is what I stated above, and what usps.com said it would cost to get the item to you, in a sturdy, well packed box.

YMMV
                      Again best of luck to you.
                      and next time, don't be so quick to assume.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 3, 2009

hey cheers terry

even if my assumption about your remarks being aimed at me weren't correct ,the details certainly fitted our recent attempt at a transaction

again to be clear ,
                        you posted you wanted a loose set of boots and suit

i had a loose suit ,which you initially offer me a straight swap for a 14 inch supes ,i also have a carded one which as you were asking for a body in your pms ,i said i was open to trading for also ,
                        you then claimed confusion and wanted the carded one but not at a trade value that would reflect my outlay ,which is entirely fine by me its your choice to pay or trade at whatever level seem fair or reasonable to you ,no problem

so i offered to buy it from you ,at what i expected to be a reasonable overall price ,and you come back at $88 ,$55 postage for a single figure , well that doesn't seem fair or reasonable to me so,no thanks , no problem

your price for the figure was not the reason for me declining to buy ,it was the $55 postage costs that killed it for me ,especially as i sent a hot toys figure double boxed first class tracked and signed for ,almost 4lbs for a little over £20 about $24 at current rate of exchange ,so where $55 for half the weight on the same type of service is coming from i dont know ,and im pretty sure customs charges are charged by HMRC uk customs offices on arrival into the uk and paid for by the recipient on arrival , not the sender in advance ,i know ebays global postage does this on all transactions whether applicable or not ,extra money for ebay i guess

20181025_170604_resized.jpg

IMG-20181015-WA0007_resized.jpg

thanks for the dont assume advise , and i hope you'll take it to as it seems you made assumptions also , as my location of cheshire uk is clearly posted under my join date

nothing more to say on this matter now but
                        again thanks for the opportunity and too bad it didn't work out , and keep up the good work

apologies to the op for derailing his or hers ,see no assumptions this time thread and i hope you can fix him or her up with what they need

Comment

• toothaction
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 15, 2017

your price for the figure was not the reason for me declining to buy ,it was the $55 postage costs that killed it for me ,especially as i sent a hot toys figure double boxed first class tracked and signed for ,almost 4lbs for a little over £20 about $24 at current rate of exchange ,so where $55 for half the weight on the same type of service is coming from i dont know ,and im pretty sure customs charges are charged by HMRC uk customs offices on arrival into the uk and paid for by the recipient on arrival , not the sender in advance ,i know ebays global postage does this on all transactions whether applicable or not ,extra money for ebay i guess
                          For what it's worth, here's what it would cost any of us here in the US to ship a well-packed 14" dollie to the UK:

The lower price that you've seen was most likely for First Class International, a service with considerably fewer safeguards than Priority Mail.

In the past couple of years our postage rates here have really gone up quite a bit - my buddy in Bristol can afford to mail stuff all over the world, but has given up on shopping and trading for stuff out of North America. It is a bummer.
                          Last edited by toothaction; Oct 25, '18, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• KOMonger
                            Banned
                            • Feb 17, 2015

I just took a look at USPS. I'm seeing $35.75 for the last one, First-Class Package International Service. Maybe because I'm checking from a Hawaii IP?

Figuring out actual costs can be tricky. I sent something using their priority box that I sealed up right at the PO. The sign on the counter stated a given price for the box size I chose. When I paid at the counter it was several dollars cheaper. Think.. instead of about $12 it cost about $8.50.

People have complained the the boxes provided by USPS can be too fragile. Depends on what you're sending.
                            Last edited by KOMonger; Oct 25, '18, 3:16 PM.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

hey guys i really appreciate the input and your time to check out the postal costs

but really i feel bad that this thread got derailed by me offering a reply to refute a claim that apparently didnt even refer to me

please dont waste any more time or effort on this redundant issue and please if you can channel your efforts into getting the op hooked up with the figures hes asked for

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎