X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarvelousCustoms
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 28, 2017

The Supreme Commander

Last edited by MarvelousCustoms; Oct 23, '18, 11:54 PM.
    Visit my store for all your Mego needs and Figure Factory customs

https://www.worldsgreatestsuperheroes.com/
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

nevermind I was sleepy when I posted and didn't really notice the background. You really should change the pics.
    Last edited by thunderbolt; Oct 22, '18, 4:19 PM.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MarvelousCustoms
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 28, 2017

Hitlers Moustache

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      great job, can I ask who is under that moustache? Or is it a cast that you painted? It looks rotocast so I was trying to figure out the base head.
      Its a cast I got from someone. I believe its an original sculpt. Pain in the *** doing the eyes the way it was sculpted. I used something called Archer Fine Transfers for the eyeballs. They make water slide transfers which made the job easier. They come in different scales and size 1 and 2 fit most Megos
      Last edited by MarvelousCustoms; Oct 22, '18, 5:54 AM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Good likeness but not sure why anyone would want a figure of such a pos as him
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^Yeah, I kind of need to see Cap taking him out. But great details and craftsmanship.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Welcome to the board! Nice execution. But I gotta agree, this one makes me a little uncomfortable.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

I was gonna throw in the meme about how he killed Hitler...I just cant

Comment

• MarvelousCustoms
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 28, 2017

The Struggle was real

I can understand why ppl might be upset but it's not a diorama of him gasing ppl. Please keep in mind that I made him bc he was a part of Marvels history and the origin of The Red Skull.
                Using CTVT stuff I had a shirt tear, the gun holster explode first use bc the plastic CTVT made it with was so brittle, the buttons on the jacket literally just fall off.
                Thank you for the compliments, it was a struggle to get it done.

Comment

• toothaction
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by MarvelousCustoms
                  I can understand why ppl might be upset but it's not a diorama of him gasing ppl. Please keep in mind that I made him bc he was a part of Marvels history and the origin of The Red Skull.
                  Sure, we get that, but you also have to understand that you literally introduced yourself to us with a picture of the Führer saluting in front of a gigantic swastika banner. Most folk might butter us up first with a hello, or a nice job on that Hawkeye, man post, ha.
                  >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Mary Canary
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 21, 2017

Sorry, but there are so many other characters or historical figures you could celebrate as a custom. Coupled with the background that is proudly being shown, I just find this disheartening, disturbing, and tasteless. That symbol stands for something. Not sure it has a place here.

Comment

• MarvelousCustoms
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 28, 2017

Originally posted by toothaction
                      Sure, we get that, but you also have to understand that you literally introduced yourself to us with a picture of the Führer saluting in front of a gigantic swastika banner. Most folk might butter us up first with a hello, or a nice job on that Hawkeye, man post, ha.
                      I originally took pics like some others I just posted, but it looked very plain jane sort to speak. It's like do a posting of Dr Doom just standing there as an average joe. I get what you're saying, I just wanted to up it a notch but I can see how it can be considered overboard

Comment

• MarvelousCustoms
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 28, 2017

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                        Sorry, but there are so many other characters or historical figures you could celebrate as a custom. Coupled with the background that is proudly being shown, I just find this disheartening, disturbing, and tasteless. That symbol stands for something. Not sure it has a place here.
                        Yes, there are historical figures but I wasn't originally going for this. This was an after thought when I got stumped on the character The Hate Monger. I had everything done but a hood which I will do in vinyl and remains a WIP. But in the process of assembling him I had ordered 10 head sculpts to do more than one Hate Monger for ebay sales. While shopping on CTVT I seen the O'Hara suit and just seeing a pic of Hitler with the Red Skull while doing some research, I was like "Wow, that looks exactly like the same suit." Then I found the holster with the shoulder strap and it was off to the races. Here is my Hate Monger WIP

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

It's a touchy subject, especially nowadays, unfortunately. I appreciate your craftsmanship, but I would be careful on how you present these figures moving forward.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Hitler is probably the most popular villain of the 20th century, he's actually talked about more today than he was when he was alive, with so many documentary tv shows and WWll history about him, interesting to say the least, but also very sad at the same time. I personally am not offended that you made this custom, but I completely understand why some here are and there right, but I also think you didn't intend this to be anything racially subject matter or glorified in any way, maybe a pic of Captain America kicking him in the head, or jamming the nazi flag down his throat might have helped a little.

Like Earth 2 Chris stated, the craftsmanship is appreciated, but definitely be careful in the future on how you present stuff like this, especially background scenery.

Comment

• J.B.
                              Guild Navigator
                              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by MarvelousCustoms
                              I can understand why ppl might be upset but it's not a diorama of him gasing ppl.
                              Yeah, probably not a good defense, I think you should....oh wait...I just got a PM from Johnnie Cochran. He says your defense is solid..just add an extra 's' to gasing..
                              You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎