X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

New Aquaman toys

Target has a full selection of the new movie tie-in Aquaman toys. It's personally thrilling to see so much merchandise for such a derided character. I haven't been this excited since Batman '89 toys hit the shelves.

I think most of it is well-done and pleasantly toyetic. The shark set is cool. I don't have a lot of space for new stuff, but so far I've received the four 12" TrueMoves figures for my birthday. No trident there for Aquaman, but Mera is well-done.

I haven't yet seen Imaginext or Barbie tie-ins.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

I have all 4 12” Aquaman figures and they are very nice and better than the 6” Multiverse and half the price. I cannot wait to see what Mattel does for 2019 Shazam and Wonder Woman 1984 movies.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Very happy for you, PNGwynne.

I'm looking forward to the film. Heard the trailer today at Halloween 2018. Didn't watch because I don't do spoilers.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I completely understand how you feel about spoilers, but Aquaman is the one character I've been reading consistently for over thirty years--even when I was unhappy with his depiction. So nothing in the teaser really surprised me except the nuances accommodating the casting.

I hope the film hits the right notes as successfully as the Wonder Woman film. I hope to be excited, and I hope even more that casual fans will be thrilled.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 21, '18, 6:02 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I think it looks pretty damn good.funny about it coming out in December then a summer release.you would think kids would like to play aquaman when they're on summer vacation swimming and such after seeing the movie

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

The toys are really nice looking! Saw them at Target a few days ago. Very happy to see Aquaman getting all of this love!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

Not happy that they are next to the Megos at Target and are overshadowing the Megos, literally. By hogging up the shelf space with big boxes. But so is Mego.

Comment

• Neutron X
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 22, 2007

I just picked up 12in Black Manta at Wally World for $8.88. I'm very happy with it. Great design and more pose able than Marvel figures.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, I do like that the DC True Moves figures are now more articulated than the Marvel Titans series. And Black manta has more detail than most from either company.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I'm happy for the Aquaman fans. Glad to see the character finally getting his chance to shine on the toy store shelves.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

The shark combo set seems to be selling well.

Are there Barbies/Kens? I haven't seen any at Target?

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Are there Barbies/Kens? I haven't seen any at Target?
                        Have you seen this Mera? It's more play line level than the Justice League one.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^No, it's new to me but I like it very, very much--more than the other version. I was hoping there'd be an Aquaman, too. They often do pairs.

Thank you for the link.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I actually visited Toys R Us recently just to see this but sadly, nothing here yet. Hopefully we get some Aqualove in the future.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              ^No, it's new to me but I like it very, very much--more than the other version. I was hoping there'd be an Aquaman, too. They often do pairs.

Thank you for the link.

its great as is but the barbie costumes can be ported over to a more articulated figure and with a upgrade on the head sculpt can give any high end figure a run for its money

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎