Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tony609
    • Oct 19, 2018

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
    I completely agree. Some say season 4 is when the wheels fell off but I liked Hack. Season 5 felt like the show was wearing out their welcome.

Question for you Tony
    What are your 5 favorite episodes
    I'd go with
    The Pilot (starring a young Tommy Lee Jones)
    Unidentified Flying Angels
    Mother Goose
    Fallen Angel
    To Kill an Angel
    That’s tough... but I’d go with in no particular order

Angel Hunt
    Counterfeit Angels
    Angels in Paradise
    Bullseye
    Circus of Terror

Mother Goose and Angels at sea almost made the cut

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

I've always loved "Disco Angels" myself. The plot is pretty simple, but it's got a lot of fun scenes inbetween that make it enjoyable for me. There's Kris disco dancing with the dance instructor. There's a fun cat fight scene in the office between Kris and the secretary. I also like the cute little scene where Sabrina is interviewing the food truck girl and the price of pastrami sandwiches goes up from fifty cents to a dollar. Zalman Kings over-the-top performance as the crazed deejay who almost strangles Kelly. The boss' jealous wife shows up drunk. Last but not least, it's got a great disco soundtrack throughout.
      Perhaps the best part is this: all the outdoor scenes and the boathouse used for Freddie's Disco exteriors were filmed at a little park in Marina del Rey, and the park and boathouse is still there to this day! Every time I go there, I get a feeling of being transported back in time into that episode. It's such a strange feeling.
      Last edited by RonnyG; Oct 24, '18, 8:09 AM.

Comment

• tony609
        • Oct 19, 2018

RonnyG funny you mentioned that episode. I just watched it the other night.the scene with Sabrina and food truck girl is one of my favorites overall.

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by tony609
          RonnyG funny you mentioned that episode. I just watched it the other night.the scene with Sabrina and food truck girl is one of my favorites overall.
          Glad I'm not alone. It's a cute scene. "It's what the market will bear." lol

Comment

• tony609
            • Oct 19, 2018

I also should mention I don’t watch Disco Angel very often... because the DJ always freaked me out... so I guess he did a really good job.

In collectible news I got my second adventure van today... it’s missing the directors chair but otherwise is in great condition with the other accessories.. I wanted one to have open for display.

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

I also should mention I don’t watch Disco Angel very often... because the DJ always freaked me out... so I guess he did a really good job.

In collectible news I got my second adventure van today... it’s missing the directors chair but otherwise is in great condition with the other accessories.. I wanted one to have open for display.
              Yeah, he was creepy, especially the way he talked. He had a unique way of delivering his lines, plus the thick glasses, bow tie, and wild hair just made him more memorable.
              Congratulations on your second van score! I had it once, but I sold it a few years back to make room for some other memorabilia because I also collect Bewitched and Jeannie among other things so space is definitely an issue.
              Last edited by RonnyG; Oct 25, '18, 5:56 AM.

Comment

• tony609
                • Oct 19, 2018

Bewitched is something I have toyed with collecting as well.

Comment

• comicmike
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by RonnyG
                  Yeah, he was creepy, especially the way he talked. He had a unique way of delivering his lines, plus the thick glasses, bow tie, and wild hair just made him more memorable...
                  Ugh! Yes.. Zalman King played "Harry Owens". So believably creepy. Shiver.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

I've always loved "Disco Angels" myself. The plot is pretty simple, but it's got a lot of fun scenes inbetween that make it enjoyable for me. There's Kris disco dancing with the dance instructor. There's a fun cat fight scene in the office between Kris and the secretary. I also like the cute little scene where Sabrina is interviewing the food truck girl and the price of pastrami sandwiches goes up from fifty cents to a dollar. Zalman Kings over-the-top performance as the crazed deejay who almost strangles Kelly. The boss' jealous wife shows up drunk. Last but not least, it's got a great disco soundtrack throughout.
                    Perhaps the best part is this: all the outdoor scenes and the boathouse used for Freddie's Disco exteriors were filmed at a little park in Marina del Rey, and the park and boathouse is still there to this day! Every time I go there, I get a feeling of being transported back in time into that episode. It's such a strange feeling.
                    If that's the best episode then "Marathon angels " is the worst.

Comment

• tony609
                      • Oct 19, 2018

I think marathon Angels is pretty bad, I also wouldn’t say disco Angels is the best...but to each there own. Everyone likes different things for a reason.

Comment

• RonnyG
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 23, 2014

As much as I love "Disco Angels," even I wouldn't say it is the best. I think the best is "Angels in Chains".

Comment

• tony609
                          • Oct 19, 2018

As much as I love "Disco Angels," even I wouldn't say it is the best. I think the best is "Angels in Chains".
                          I agree. It’s funny some of what I would say are really the best episodes... or the best in mass appeal aren’t my favorites.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

The episode I really enjoyed was the two part episode: Angels in Paradise which introduced Kris Munroe (Cheryl Ladd)
                            filmed on location in Hawaii. Great Hawaiian scenery, Diamond Head etc. and a cool cameo appearance by Don Ho,
                            having a nice chat with Sabrina.

Comment

• GanoGanelli
                              • Oct 25, 2018

[IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]

woww...congratulation
                              -----------