X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

Tucson, AZ.

Wave 1. Slow to get to stores so I bought all I wanted online.
    Wave 2 found nothing in stores. Still. Also bought online.
    More stores carrying wave 1.
    Wave 3 never seen them in stores. Unsuccessful buying online.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
      Career Member
      • Jan 13, 2009

I've finally, officially, given up on this relaunch. Went to Target again this morning. A bunch of Wave 1 peg warmers. None of the wave 2 or 3 that I'm interested in are ever online... etc., etc.

Hate to sound crass... but this is exactly what I was worried about when Mego relaunched. Killing something I hold dear from my childhood. Mixing today's scalper environment and FB negativity in to something I remember fondly from my childhood was never going to end well. I guess I always knew that. I just hate to be proven right. Oh well!

If they get the Marvel license, I'll reconsider. Otherwise, I'm done looking.

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
        I've finally, officially, given up on this relaunch. Went to Target again this morning. A bunch of Wave 1 peg warmers. None of the wave 2 or 3 that I'm interested in are ever online... etc., etc.

Hate to sound crass... but this is exactly what I was worried about when Mego relaunched. Killing something I hold dear from my childhood. Mixing today's scalper environment and FB negativity in to something I remember fondly from my childhood was never going to end well. I guess I always knew that. I just hate to be proven right. Oh well!

If they get the Marvel license, I'll reconsider. Otherwise, I'm done looking.
        I’m just beating the same old tired drum at this point, but I never even saw wave 2, let alone wave 3. Target really has screwed this up royally. What an absolute disgrace of a company. Releasing stuff early, releasing hardly anything when they are actually supposed to, and then releasing the rest late. All results in hardly anyone except scalpers finding most of this stuff, because normal people have to work for a living and don’t have time to hit the stores every day or hit refresh every ten seconds on Target.com to try to score something in the .02 seconds they will be online before they get snatched up by said scalpers.

Uggh. Please Marty, re-release all the good stuff again when this deal with Target is up, assuming they don’t murder your company before it is.

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          wave 2 hangers on and wave 1 peg warmers still in abundance at Davenport FL Target. AJ is DOA there along with Alice and Tootie. Looks like Frankenstein and Samantha Stevens are hanging on there too 4 of each. Full House and Oz box sets seem to be dead too. One Greg, Kelly and Cliff. All the 14 inch wave two there in multiples also. No room for them to even put out wave 3 if they had it.
          If you pick up an extra Frank, Spock, and/or Gorn I’ll take them off your hands, plus gas and shipping of course.

Comment

• Donnie M
            • Oct 9, 2018

I’m in Orlando, FL & have an extra Gorn, LMK

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

I'm ashamed to admit it...but I was looking at the Romulan on eBay and was close to caving in and bidding on one. I want one so bad and the scalpers are wearing me down.
              sigpic

Comment

• toothaction
                Career Member
                • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by The Bat
                I'm ashamed to admit it...but I was looking at the Romulan on eBay and was close to caving in and bidding on one. I want one so bad and the scalpers are wearing me down.
                Be strong, dear stranger, for the wait is nearly over...

My own shameful admission? I was actually daydreaming today about staying up until midnight, refreshing the screen over on the Target site for around 15 minutes, and then setting an alrm for every hour, on the hour, until noon tomorrow.
                >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Riderfan
                  Megos are cool
                  • Feb 14, 2012

I'm really hoping I can get Mirror Sulu/Uhura from Target online, and maybe Kirk too. Luckily I have no interest in another Romulan. And I'm not even going to try to convince myself that the Werewolf will even be available at Target online.

I have Mirror Spock/Kirk, Sulu, Chekov & AJ bought from Target online, and Drac, Frank & Gorn from EPay. If I have to I'll buy Mirror Sulu/Uhura at scalper prices, but not Kirk or the Werewolf-screw that.

This Target Mego relaunch has sucked & killed my enthusiasm.
                  I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                    Funny you mention Star Trek since the likness is almost spot on for red shirt LT. Leslie (TOS)
                    Man, does he!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                      If you pick up an extra Frank, Spock, and/or Gorn I’ll take them off your hands, plus gas and shipping of course.
                      won't be going back there anytime soon. It sure looked to me like Frank is turning into a pegwarmer, so there is hope. I am guessing since its pretty much a redo of the EMCE one, with its copyright evading corners cut, its going to start withering.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

We did some shopping in LA last Saturday and hit 9 Target stores on the way home. There was an abundance of the following from Wave 1: Piper, Kelly, Peggy, Alice & Tootie; and several each of Chekov, Sulu, AJ and Norm. The only 8" carded figures we saw from Wave 2 were Samantha, Kris & Jo. We saw several of each box sets from 1 & 2, several of each 1st Wave 14" figures, a few of each 2nd Wave 14" figures, and absolutely nothing from Wave 3...carded, box sets, or 14".

Hit the 4 nearest Targets today and saw only 1 Samantha, 1 Jo, a few WOZ & Full House box sets and nothing else from Wave 2, and zilch from Wave 3.

Not ready to give up just yet, but I am getting a little tired of Target tellling me that they don't want my money

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

This past week I found Gorn and today, my youngest made the Mrs go look in the action figure lane, and there was Frank.

So wave 2 is in full release. I'm now expecting to find wave 3 - werewolf actually - at the end of the month.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                            Wake Up Heavy
                            • Jan 31, 2010

It's so weird and wonky how stuff is being released in different areas. I've seen a bunch of wave 3, but have never seen a Frankie. Stuff's been put out too early in some stores, way late in others, and none of it has been consistent with what other people are reporting. Bummed I never found Frankie (but these recent posts are giving me hope) but stoked that I found the Werewolf pretty easily.
                            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

For wave 2 my Target keeps restocking:

Samantha, Frankenstein, Gorn case
                              Starchild, Ritchie, Kris case
                              Oz set

Finally stocked Superman and Batgirl and Full House set.

I know Target has rest of Wave 2, so it may be a few weeks until wave 3 appears like it was with 1 and 2.

Wave 3 sold out in minutes on Target.com this morning. Online is best way for Mego. It is fun finding the new Megos in Target stores, though.

Comment

• MRP
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 19, 2016

Just checked the Target site and Flash showed in stock , so I placed an order and got one.

-M
                                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎