Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by favoritemonsters
    Here's why -
    1800+ Target stores...
    10,000 Megos each character...
    Divides to 5.5 Megos per character per store.
    Not counting the stock on their .com site...
    This may account for buyers not finding
    bloated displays of all the characters.
    There just isn't enough to go around.
    No. That does not remotely explain the discrepancy here. Wave one saw most every store stocked with plenty of product that remains in many stores to this very day. There hasn't been one store since Wave two was announced that has displayed a full or even partial display of all those products, many of which are still b-list characters. I've watched endless videos and posts from people all over the country and they all read just like mine. Plenty of Wave one with just a few Wave two figures here and there. You can't make 212,000 figures in each wave just disappear everywhere at once.

I've never been a fan of Target for exclusives because they do not stock much of anything like they should be exclusives. I'm waiting on a CD right now that was supposed to be a store exclusive a week ago and nothing has been stocked yet. So my experience with them has seldom provided the goods as advertised. And when it comes to retro product from other companies, Target has developed cold feet extremely early on those product lines. I'm not saying they've given up on Mego, but these delays certainly aren't helping the cause on a product line with an expiration date. Its just another example of Target buying a line they cant seem to get out to the public. I'll be glad when they are out of the equation as the only resource to get these figures. I'm happy they gave an end cap experience, but now its time to move on.

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

Hard to tell if the acoustic guitar is just a cardboard prop or not - but is it just me or is there a pair of groovy mod sunglasses in there, to the right of Serena's head?

Also, someone pointed out that Endora's costume colors are flipped - green dress with purple cape instead of purple dress with green cape, like on the show.
      I don't really care. I like the green. I always thought the opposite was a little too like Catwoman.
      These clothes are great. I want the Marcia Brady dress too.
      I feel like I could dress up a Samantha figure in that so I could have the "hippie" style Samantha from later seasons.
      I just don't want to buy Marcia! Marcia Marcia Marcia!

Comment

• Mary Canary
        Career Member
        • Jun 21, 2017

Someone on Instagram turned up Woody and Blaire. I don't think I can save the picture but here's a link:

Comment

• toothaction
          Career Member
          • Jul 15, 2017

Oh, cool! I still haven't seen snaps of all 20 dollies, but Blaire was the only one that I hadn't yet seen some sort of confirmed sighting of.

How do we post IG pics here, anyway?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think that I was thinking of Paige. Member tilgn mentioned last night that his relative had seen Blaire.

The IG question still stands!
          Last edited by toothaction; Oct 23, '18, 12:16 PM.
          >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• toothaction
            Career Member
            • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Mary Canary
            Hard to tell if the acoustic guitar is just a cardboard prop or not - but is it just me or is there a pair of groovy mod sunglasses in there, to the right of Serena's head?
            The guitar looks plenty three-dimensional to me - you can see the plastic straps that are holding it in place, as well as the little holes that the top fastener was fed through.

You could be right about those shades! Hadn't noticed them until you pointed them out.
            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• toothaction
              Career Member
              • Jul 15, 2017

Someone on Instagram turned up Woody and Blaire. I don't think I can save the picture...
              I took a screencap of the pair:

Sorry about all of the posts in a row!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Also, someone pointed out that Endora's costume colors are flipped - green dress with purple cape instead of purple dress with green cape, like on the show.
                I don't really care. I like the green. I always thought the opposite was a little too like Catwoman.
                These clothes are great. I want the Marcia Brady dress too.
                I feel like I could dress up a Samantha figure in that so I could have the "hippie" style Samantha from later seasons.
                I just don't want to buy Marcia! Marcia Marcia Marcia!
                the guitar must be plastic, why would they tie down a cardboard cutout?
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Madcap70
                  • Dec 4, 2017

Man Mego should sell these parts loose like Doc & CTVT & 8 Inch Superstore does....

Comment

• SeattleEd
                    SynthoRes Transmigrator
                    • Oct 24, 2007

Found these today.

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

My wife just ran to Target for tissues, dryer sheets and sour cream, only to return with a Werewolf for me. 2018 meets 1975; when it works it's really fun.

Let it be known, #1979 has been wildly ripped open and is being played with tonight. There's a monster party going on! <Oh Yeah!>

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

Woody and the Bewitched set look great.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Confessional
                          My wife just ran to Target for tissues, dryer sheets and sour cream, only to return with a Werewolf for me. 2018 meets 1975; when it works it's really fun.

Let it be known, #1979 has been wildly ripped open and is being played with tonight. There's a monster party going on! <Oh Yeah!>
                          Haha! Love it!

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by RonnyG
                            I'm so happy they did a diorama of the living room set! I so love that house!
                            I might actually have to find a way to save and reuse that diorama. The set looks great! Maybe with Target on board for more in 2019, we will see a Darren.

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by toothaction
                              I took a screencap of the pair:

Sorry about all of the posts in a row!
                              Neither are on my list, but both figures look good. From what I can see, Blair might be the best looking figure from The Facts of Life figures. I wonder what I can use that head sculpt for...

Comment

• toothaction
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 15, 2017

Any photographic evidence of Mr. Bundy out there yet? Haven't even seen a mention of the new Charmed dollie being found, but I did encounter a fairly aggressive Prue supporter on Facebook when I mentioned that Paige was still MIA. Funny world.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎