Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

I checked the Target were I found Werewolf, Kirk ,and Romulon and they restocked
    with wave one and 4 more Draculas.They did have 4 Cowardly lions and a few Greg Brady's.
    It seems like there is thousands more TV pegwarmers and only a few Werewolfs ,Romulons etc otherwise these should be plentiful online. I have no trouble at all finding most other
    collectables, and video games at Target. This is a joke having to check 7 stores that
    keep stocking wave 1.The stock clerks can't tell wave 1 from waves 2 or 3.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

It’s the “exclusivity” which is fueling the issue beyond reason. It’s what drives the scum-of-the-earth scalpers to horde popular figures, which in turn has terrified Mego fans into feeling like they are never going to be able to find the stuff they want at retail.

The cherry on top of it all is Target and their sporadic releases which hit early or late, but never on time, and generally unknowlegable, unhelpful staff there to exacerbate things for you when you do decide to hit your 3rd or 4th Target of the day.

The salt on the wound is the fortunate few there to remind us of their good fortune with lines like “found my second Frankie, third Wolfman, fourth Gorn!”

I just hope Target hasn’t murdered Mego in the womb before they have the chance to be reborn properly once this “exclusivity” ends.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Today, more nothing. Still Alice, AJ hanging around one Paul Stanley with his head popped off, WOZ and Full House sets, loads of wave 2. at least 6-7 Samanthas. Looks like wave 3 or 4 will never see the light of day in Davenport. Pegs slap full of wave 1 refugees and wave two soon to be pegwarmers.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Joker is up

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Got an email from Target this morning that the Romulan Commander that I had ordered but was on back order finally shipped. Now if that back ordered Werewolf would ship...

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I saw quite a bit of wave 2 and some 3 today, though no scarce trek or Werewolf. Nabbed an Al/Leslie--yipee and I have an Extra DST Scotty for parts. Chachi and Cliff look good; Woody needs a more subtle deco but it's a good sculpt.

Saw 14" blue Batman (nicer than I expected), Lex, WW, pegwarmer Zod, Green Lantern (very nice), Batgirl (nice), and Flash (superb!!). Some parents were checking out the large figures and speaking well of them.

Very helpful and friendly staff, but poorly-informed of Mego.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Yes I finally got to order 2 Spocks!!!
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MegoMonk
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 22, 2007

I was shopping in my local Target today. For Wave 3 they had 3 or 4 Charmed Prue figures. I have not been collecting Charmed since the face sculpts look nothing like the actresses. They had one Marcia Brady. The top of the card was bent, so even at $12.99 it was still not worth it. They had the Sulu/Uhura set. I already got one at my other local Target so that was it for Wave 3.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by MegoMonk
                    I was shopping in my local Target today. For Wave 3 they had 3 or 4 Charmed Prue figures. I have not been collecting Charmed since the face sculpts look nothing like the actresses. They had one Marcia Brady. The top of the card was bent, so even at $12.99 it was still not worth it. They had the Sulu/Uhura set. I already got one at my other local Target so that was it for Wave 3.
                    Somebody scored the Kirk figures from the case with Marcia and Prue. Bummer.

Comment

• zaphod
                      • Dec 19, 2011

I'm surprised to see how long today the Mirror Mirror Uhura/Sulu 2 pack and the 14 inch Joker has lasted on the Target website. Paul Stanley is sticking around still. Te Bewitched 2 pack and 14 inch Superman hung around for a long while before they sold out again. Is it possible that even with the Ebay scalpers mass buying the figures that these figures are already reaching a saturation point? Have the fans already bought what they wanted of these figures and now they're sitting on the website like peg warmers? I wonder how that will start affecting the Ebay prices. I wonder how long it will take for green shirt Kirk, the Romulan, and the KISS Demon to get to the website and for those figures to reach a saturation point as well. I think all of these figures are going to eventually sit around on the Target website once all the figures get released.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

Score! I found and bought two green kirks today at my closest target, also saw Prue on the pegs.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Checked today and found a couple of Ritchie's, Star Child, Spock, along with the female peg warmers, Greg Brady
                          and Cliff, but no green shirt Kirk or Romulan, which figures since that's the one I want the most.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Didn't see much in the way of new today. Just Al Bundy and the Sulu/Uhura two pack.

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Got an e-mail from Target that they have shipped my Werewolf that was on backorder.

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Piddley
                                • Sep 3, 2013

Today was the first day I saw Al Bundy on the Target website. I'm glad the current Target promotion is that you don't have to buy at least $35 worth to get free shipping. I still bought two because odds are one of them will arrive damaged (hopefully not both). I usually buy extras and return the damaged ones to the store. The odd thing though is I bought Funko Target-exclusive figures from Target online and they always show up in non-damaged condition.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎