X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • puckace
    Museum Super Collector
    • Feb 5, 2009

Originally posted by toothaction
    Mind if I ask what you mean by, "work Target's system"? Could be some useful info for a lot of us, actually!
    Sure toothaction since I used your info to do it. Thanks to your posting of this:

087-16-2667:
    Alice, Piper Halliwell, Chekov
    Greg, Phoebe Halliwell, Mr. Spock
    Marcia, Prue Halliwell, Capt. Kirk

I was able to ask a Target associate I know in electronics how many of this assortment they had on hand. Using his device he confirmed that they had 5 on hand. So I bought 4 of them to trigger a restock of that assortment. I knew another store had gotten them in because the Charmed Prue and Marcia were hanging on the pegs there. So I took a gamble that the distribution center would restock with wave 3. I took the 4 peg warmers to other Targets and returned them. It took about 5 days but wave 3 was sitting there on the pegs this morning. This is not a guaranteed way to get the figures you want. Target could have sent wave 1 or 2 instead. (I've only seen wave 2 once and grabbed Spock then.) Target has also made it more difficult to use Brickseek to know when new figures come in. Brickseek used to show quantities of figures at each store, but Target pressured them into removing that feature.
    Earlier this week Brickseek would show that my local Target was low on stock. Then Sunday, Brickseek suddenly wouldn't show that any Targets had Megos anywhere. I don't understand why Target won't allow Brickseek to help customers find items they want. I'm not going to buy anything extra at Target if they don't have what I came for. I might however shop more if I'm successful in finding what I really want. Anyway, I just made sure to stop in at my local Target to see if they had restocked any Megos and got lucky this morning. But you do need a few Targets around for this to work. I had to go on a road trip earlier this week so I just visited a few Targets along the way to return Alice, Chekov, and 2 Pipers. Hope this helps you. Good luck!
    Last edited by puckace; Nov 19, '18, 9:41 PM.

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

^^^ Thanks for the thorough breakdown, puckface! I'm pleased that you were able to apply my cataloging efforts into some success. With that info and your dedicated method I'm sure that others could manage similar scores.

The wack-a-mole approach finally paid off on my last gotta have it from wave 3 tonight; The good Captain will soon be on his way to Michigan. Whew!
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Man...at least you can buy an Alice at self-checkout. I don't know how the hell I could face an actual person at returns.

"I need to return this...."

"Uh....anything wrong it?"

"Yes. Its very existence...."

Comment

• toothaction
          Career Member
          • Jul 15, 2017

^ Huh. I mean, I don't need them for my own shelves, but all the Brady toys look really well executed to me. I'm quite glad that there's an Ann B. Davis doll in the world.
          >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 25, 2018

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            Congrats!

Superman is available online right now!
            Thanks, Lonnie.

Comment

• smonte00
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 19, 2005

I snagged a green shirt Kirk last night online. It was in stock for about a minute.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Flash is up now!!!

Comment

• JoeMego
                  • Oct 29, 2018

Flash is gone but just snagged a Mirror Mirror Sulu/Uhura set - finally. They had 3 left.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Paul Stanley back up as well. Just no Gene...

Comment

• Ivaniski
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 24, 2007

Hurry guys Sulu Uhura is up now again. I just scored Endora 2 pack.
                      Last edited by Ivaniski; Nov 20, '18, 9:48 AM.

Comment

• KLAATU
                        Museum Patron
                        • Feb 3, 2009

Originally posted by smonte00
                        I snagged a green shirt Kirk last night online. It was in stock for about a minute.
                        I had Kirk in my cart last night, but then it was gone before I could check out (less than 30 seconds). I got 5 email notifications within 10 minutes saying it was available again, but each time I looked, it was gone. I had the Bewitched 2-pack in my cart this morning and it disappeared before I could check out. Same thing with the Sulu Mirror Mirror two-pack. This is getting frustrating. Especially since none of my brick and mortar stores have any of these items.

Comment

• smonte00
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 19, 2005

Ugh. Sorry about that. It’ll come up again. I missed Kirk a few times before i actually got him. Hang in there.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

I missed Kirk, but late last night I did grab the last Bewitched Set. I know $29.99 is the regular price, but when you have been getting them for $24.99 or less, that hurt!

Kirk and Batman are the last two of my wants that I will order on-line. Sabrina and Prue can wait until they show up in the store (if they show up).

Comment

• Ivaniski
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 24, 2007

Green shirt Kirk will wrap up my Wave 3 collection...if any body gets an extra Kirk and you wanna sell it. LMK

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 15, 2010

Just got Bewitched Endora/Serena two-pack at target.com. It said 11 left. Also, Mirror Sulu/Uhura two-pack available.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎