X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toothaction
    Career Member
    • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Ivaniski
    Wow......Wave 3 "Green shirt" Capt. Kirk going for $100 beans on Evilbay.
    Going for and asking price are very different things, thankfully.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

Updated:

The DPCI assortment #s and the types of dollies within:

087-16-2578 - Cheers, Facts of Life, Married With Children
      087-16-2667 - Brady Bunch, Charmed, Star Trek
      087-16-2568 - Charlie's Angels, Happy Days, Music Icons
      087-16-3112 - Monster, Star Trek, wildcard (AJ, Bewitched, Oz so far)
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Madcap70
        • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by MEGO Kid
        Went into Target this morning in N Va and saw a Cowardly Lion and of course, the left over peg warmers. With CL there, it's obvious they got some Wave 3. It's also obvious someone met the truck the second the door opened and scarfed what they wanted to put on Ebay. I'm done with Target runs hoping to find this stuff. Probably going to just pull back and get Star Trek off Evilbay, maybe Monsters, and sell my Cheers stuff. It's become painfully obvious there either isn't enough to go around, that Target can't get the stuff out to us or a combination of both. I wish it would have been different :(
        I thought stores like TRU back in the day stopped this why is this allowed?

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

got blue batman in the mail today. he's great.

Comment

• Madcap70
            • Dec 4, 2017

One seller on "Evil-Bay" has 23 different listing for the Mego Gorn.....

Comment

• MEGO Kid
              Museum Super Collector
              • Nov 5, 2018

Originally posted by Madcap70
              I thought stores like TRU back in the day stopped this why is this allowed?
              I really don't think they care if they hang on pegs or someone buys them the second the cart rolls out of the back. I was there Wednesday and they had nothing and I went back first thing this morning and only CL was hanging. And a Full House 2 pack. It's kinds obvious someone is stalking the trucks at these locations. I really don't think it's the kids in there either. Every one of them has been nice about checking on stuff, but they are utterly clueless about Mego's. A couple have asked my how to spell Star Trek.
              Last edited by MEGO Kid; Nov 10, '18, 2:49 PM.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Looks like Wave 3 and beyond will benefit the scalpers on evil Bay.
                Last edited by Ivaniski; Nov 10, '18, 3:03 PM.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by toothaction
                  Going for and asking price are very different things, thankfully.
                  Well, right now he's asking for $100 plus $7.95 for shipping. That is outrageous!!!

Comment

• toothaction
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 15, 2017

I've yet to see any of the newbies with my own eyes, but a friend in PA nabbed the Mirror set for me yesterday. The sale price plus coupon made it super cheap, but of course ship will bring that right up to just a few pennies less than if I had found it in the store myself, ha! Still plenty thrilled.

Comment

• mego
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 16, 2012

Demonizing ebay seems misguided to me. Evil bay? C'mon kids. There's all sorts of great deals to be had on ebay. Yeah, flippers and scalpers suck, but hate the player, not the game. I think we can all agree that the roll out of Mego at Target is really botched. I haven't seen anything past wave 1 and yeah, it's upsetting. Blaming ebay is just way too reductive.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Ebay wants too much of the auction end price, that makes them evil in my eyes! Greed is very evil.

Comment

• toothaction
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                          Ebay wants too much of the auction end price, that makes them evil in my eyes! Greed is very evil.
                          And they own the bank that they want you to use, so there's the double dip factor. Kind of them, too, to charge you 1% if you want to remove the money in their bank and put it in another one.
                          Last edited by toothaction; Nov 10, '18, 7:44 PM.

Comment

• Madcap70
                            • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by mego
                            Demonizing ebay seems misguided to me. Evil bay? C'mon kids. There's all sorts of great deals to be had on ebay. Yeah, flippers and scalpers suck, but hate the player, not the game. I think we can all agree that the roll out of Mego at Target is really botched. I haven't seen anything past wave 1 and yeah, it's upsetting. Blaming ebay is just way too reductive.
                            So one seller has 23 Gorn's and that's OK? When so many people want/need him?

Comment

• KLAATU
                              Museum Patron
                              • Feb 3, 2009

Every time I see this thread title, it makes me want to respond: I've seen absolutely NOTHING from Wave 3. I've visited at least 8 Targets on a regular basis, and just about every Mego is a Wave 1 peg-warmer. I can't even seem to find the ones I want/need on their website.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

There are a lot of Woddy and Blaire figures at Mall 205 in Portland. And three Gorn figures. Al was also there.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎