X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

My Fantasy Island Collection

Inspired by the new movie "My Dinner with Hervé" (Dinklage is pretty amazing in it BTW) I thought it would be fun to showcase the nick nacks (pun intended) that I've collected from the TV series "Fantasy Island".

Growing up I rarely missed the show on Saturday nights, it's mix of fantasy, comedy and horror were pretty intoxicating to my younger self and I've been an unironic lifelong fan. There isn't a lot of merch and while not expensive, it's elusive.

So my guests, welcome to Fantasy Island and join me after the jump!

Craft Master poster Art set, I was searching for this for quite a while until a kind person who found it at a yard sale reached out to me. I was able to name my price and while I don't think the person got why i wanted it, they were extremely kind about it.

It's freaking gorgeous BTW.

The Ben Cooper Tattoo costume erroneously gets listed in click bait "Worst Halloween Costume" type lists but come on, he was a huge pop culture icon when we were growing up. This doesn't come anywhere near the weirdness of "Father Murphy" and never will. I picked this up last year and trasure it.

Fantasy Island Paperbacks, there are two of these and I own both. I think I spent six dollars on both. I have never attempted to read them, I'm sure they're stimulating.

HG Toys Puzzle- This may have been the piece that kicked off the collection. It's also the first time I ever got recognized for this blog. I bought this at a sleepy toy show in upstate New York and when I bought it the dealer said "Are you the PlaidStallions guy?" which of course, surprised me.

Of course, I've dabbled in creating custom action figures, this is Mr Roarke and the Devil played by Roddy McDowell. The devil episodes are my absolute favourite, being a fan of all things McDowell of course. I have a Tattoo in the works as well.

Speaking of Action figures, I found these magnificent hand-painted beauties on Ebay, they're for 12" dolls and are perfect. I just haven't gotten around to giving them bodies yet.

Finally, this vintage Iron On was given to me by a gent named Clark Bucher. It's actually licensed and I had no idea it existed. I'm terrified to actually wear it as I'm fond of gravy but I am in awe of both the gesture and the item.

Other than the board game (why don't i own that?), I think that's it for Fantasy Island Merch I don't have. Unless you have something I don't, if that's the case, please show me!

We have a PodCast! It's fun, please listen.

Check out our Instagram for more stuff like this blog.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Great collection--I loved the show, too. (But you really need to move the Shadow utility belt out of the shot for my undivided attention lol.)
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

The only thing better than a vintage rubbery iron-on, is a glittery vintage rubbery iron-on!

It would be funny to read the paperback whenever you travel by plane. Just to get a response from other passengers.

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

I remember seeing the poster art sets in stores back in the day. I had the Farrah Fawcett set.
        My favorite Fantasy Island guest star was Carol Lynley. I think she appeared on the show the most times.

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

When the first season was released on DVD, Best Buy offered a limited edition tin Lunch box case.
          s-l1600.jpg

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Very cool, I thought about collecting Columbo but like Fantasy Island there really isn't that much out there. If he had gotten a Kojak type doll, viewmasters, or Ben Cooper costume I'd dive in.

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

When Cozi TV re-ran the series a couple years ago, I recorded as many as possible. Loved that show.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

That's some really great Fantasy Island collectibles.

The markers look like the ones that come with a Star Trek 3D poster set.

Columbo is very enjoyable. I love the Roddy McDowell episode in that series.

I have a Columbo DVD box set that looks like a cigar box. It would be cool to find toys and games based on those movies/shows.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

My Dinner with Herve was on last night. what a good movie. Dinklage really was amazing in it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Nice collection! I have fond memories of the show, but I haven't seen it in decades. The art on that poster set is superb. Any idea who the artist was? It reminds me a bit of Tony DeZuniga or someone with a similar style.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

That poster art set has such nice artwork (so does the Battlestar Galactica one you have (had?)).

And your daughter is a very good sport for humoring you.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎