Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My latest model...Christopher Lee as Kharis!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

My latest model...Christopher Lee as Kharis!

This is the second Lee Mummy bust to come out in the past several months.

I took some different photos this time to show off the many layers of color used to build up the look from the film.
    The bust was base coated with Panzer Gray, then speckled with Navy Aggressor Gray, Dark Green, and Light Earth.

Then several washes of Raw Sienna, Real Brown, and Wrought Iron were applied, followed by dry brush with Coffee Latte, Dove Gray and Vintage White.
    Finally various brown and tan pastels were applied, along with charcoal.

The base was finished off with a splash of Hammer blood red on the nameplate, for a bit of dramatic contrast. Thanks for looking!

• Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

That's really wonderful. Maybe your most subtle best yet. You can almost hear Lee's voice muffled through the makeup.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Very nice indeed--captures the earth-tones of the film well. (The movie is on tonight, BTW.)
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Very nice indeed--captures the earth-tones of the film well. (The movie is on tonight, BTW.)
        Ooh! Great to know...I'll be tuning in!

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

That is the man. I agree, the ban***es have a fried mud vibe.

It hasn't hit me before, but the muddy tones and ending in the bog...those are traits of celtic bog mummies. I don't know if they would have been aware in the 50's that they were connecting Egyptian and Celtic mummology.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

You nailed it! I can just feel the mud. My favorite Mummy film as well. One of Lee's best performances for Hammer too. Excellent pantomime acting.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

Excellent! That is so good.

Painting secrets revealed!

(I have The Mummy on DVD, it's fun looking at a 3D representation)

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

That's some wonderful amazing work done right here, Lee was great as the Mummy, to bad he hated the whole make up process and only chose to do it one time, he was asked to do it again for a sequel but refused and did more Dracula
                movies instead. I have this movie on DVD as well, and watched it last night on TCM, it's definitely my favorite Mummy
                movie, much more menacing, flexible and moved faster than the Chaney Jr. version. I'm hoping to find the Distinctive
                Dummies figure of him, but it's pretty rare and expensive.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                  That's some wonderful amazing work done right here, Lee was great as the Mummy, to bad he hated the whole make up process and only chose to do it one time, he was asked to do it again for a sequel but refused and did more Dracula
                  movies instead. I have this movie on DVD as well, and watched it last night on TCM, it's definitely my favorite Mummy
                  movie, much more menacing, flexible and moved faster than the Chaney Jr. version. I'm hoping to find the Distinctive
                  Dummies figure of him, but it's pretty rare and expensive.
                  Thanks! I'm really excited for this series of busts. I just bought the other three...Peter Cushing as Baron Frankenstein, Christopher Lee as the Frankenstein monster and Dracula. Soon to be released are Curse of the Werewolf and the Reptile.

I hope to paint up the Lee monster this weekend!

Last edited by enyawd72; Oct 22, '18, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Those look fantastic!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      ^Those look fantastic!

Chris
                      Yeah, the sculpts are simply amazing. You can check out lots of photos of each one here:

Apparently there are a lot more coming...Curse of the Werewolf, the Reptile, the Gorgon, Phantom of the Opera, The Mummy's Shroud, Evil of Frankenstein, and even more. This will be the ultimate Hammer collection IMO.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Wow!!! Stunning stuff!!!

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢