• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toothaction
    Career Member
    • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by palitoy
    Oh wow! Everyday has something new.
    Yeah! Only 8 reveals to go and it's not even November.

EDIT: Make that seven!
    Last edited by toothaction; Oct 22, '18, 1:37 PM.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, Lex is pretty Hackman-like, just like the 12 1/2" figure!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
        Career Member
        • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Wow, Lex is pretty Hackman-like, just like the 12 1/2" figure!

Chris
        Somebody on FB said he looks like Ah-nold, but I think he looks like Hackman too.

I'm seeing a lot of complaining about the Joker's lack of a jacket.
        I may be less bothered by this because I'm so over the Joker.
        He is one of those characters who has been done to death, and he just gets crazier, darker, more insane and sadistic with each iteration.
        Not really my thing.

But there are sooo many Joker figures out there. So I don't see a problem with Mego mixing things up.
        The colors remind me of Heath Ledger's version. Just like the first wave Batman reminded me of the moodier, darker Batman of recent films and comics.
        Keep in mind, this is probably Batman's number one villain - and we already know there's a new more colorful edition of Batman coming.
        I can see them recycling the Joker with a new costume, perhaps more in line with the classic comic look, just like they did with Batman.
        You may get your purple jacket yet. Just not on this first version of him.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

No coat for The Joker definitely bothers me and he possible goes from a, "yeah, I'll buy it because", purchase to a, "I really didn't want him, this makes it easier to skip," non-purchase, mostly for your reason above of what the character has become: he just gets crazier, darker, more insane and sadistic with each iteration. Not really my thing either and it kind of turns my stomach seeing tee shirts and other merch with him on it. I had a great story idea back in 2003 on how to get the Joker back onto the path of calculating criminal, not homicidal random lunatic, but when I asked Mike Carlin at Wizard World 2003 about how to submit the idea to DC Comics, I was basically told that DC doesn't take submissions like that because of possible lawsuits and that if its a good idea, someone else at the company may have thought of it already. I guess it wasn't a good idea

Back on topic... the rest of the 14"ers look great. At least The Flash and Lex Luthor. I still need to see Batman again. I am nervous about how I will feel about the re-used head sculpt. It wasn't just the body's neck issue that bothered me, but the head is noticeably smaller compared to the rest of the male figures in the line.

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by TRDouble
            it kind of turns my stomach seeing tee shirts and other merch with him on it.
            Yeah, this is how I feel too.
            I haven't liked the Joker since like 1989, LoL.

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

They said something about jokers coat being available somehow later.

44555554_10214842867498421_6502597683193053184_n.jpg
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                Wait...so the Joker has no jacket? ... I would have much preferred a fake shirt/vest front and a jacket with shirt cuffs sewn on the sleeves.
                Absolutely.

Love that Luthor, though.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

Greatest Criminal mind of our TIME!!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

it was posted on the ambassadors page that Dr Mego will be selling jackets for Joker. they could not include the jacket and keep the 19.99 price point

Comment

• Boywonder0
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 29, 2007

So... Any words on the 14" Classic Batman figure? He was supposed to be "Available" today November the 1st...

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎