Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

^ The scary German guy is Leonardo Cimino, the same actor who played Abraham, the Jewish grandfather in V. I just watched V again not long ago and he is just so good, especially the scene when he explains why they have to hide Robin's family in the poolhouse. And when he shows the kid how to spraypaint the trademark V for Victory.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Yes, yes, but will Wolfman have...? Oh never mind.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Yes, yes, but will Wolfman have...? Oh never mind.
        ^Not at that price point. Doc Mego will send them to you later.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          ^Not at that price point. Doc Mego will send them to you later.

Chris
          LOL
          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
            Career Member
            • Nov 22, 2011

So many good one liners in that movie.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

This took a funny turn lol.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                I'm with Chris. Monster Squad is one of my favorite go to movies. I watch it at least once a year, around Halloween. Actually, I'm due. I'll watch it tonight.
                This is such a fun and cute movie on many levels. It's right up there with Ghostbuster's and Elvira Mistress of the Dark. In my book. I would love to see all the Monsters from this movie. They were well designed and very well preformed by the actors. I was blown away by the Creature from the black lagoon redesign. Heck, they were all done well. I would've liked to see the Wolf-man's face more movable but, still awesome work. I would even buy figs of the kids and "scary German guy"
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]24157[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24158[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24159[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24160[/ATTACH]
                Monster Squad (the film)'s terrific monsters are the work of Stan Winston. If you include his TV-movie Phantom of the Opera, he did great re-imaginings of most the classic creeps. I love his gillman, too.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                  ^ The scary German guy is Leonardo Cimino, the same actor who played Abraham, the Jewish grandfather in V. I just watched V again not long ago and he is just so good, especially the scene when he explains why they have to hide Robin's family in the poolhouse. And when he shows the kid how to spraypaint the trademark V for Victory.
                  He is absolutely unforgettable in 'V', isn't he? For a show that ended up pretty campy, he delivered quite a soulful performance that elevated the first mini series.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

^And you see those same qualities in Monster Squad, he gives the film some gravitas.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

We need a Duncan Regher Dracula... Seriously, Regher is actually one of my favorite Draculas.

Chris
                      He's my favorite next to Lugosi. He does a lot with that part and is genuinely scary. He's like a perfect "generic" Dracula, I don't mean that as an insult.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^I get what you mean. He's probably #3 for me after Lee and Lugosi. He's a nice synthesis of Lugosi's charm and Lee's ferocity.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                          Career Member
                          • Nov 22, 2011

As far as "Serious" Dracula's are concerned He's my #2 after Lugosi. But, I love what Grandpa Munster. He made the Count so lovable.

I didn't care for they makeup or costume for Dracula in Van Helsing He was too... I don't know "different". I liked the movie just fine. Mr. Hyde, Werewolf, lady vamps were incredibly scary and hot at the same time. The Monster makeup and the Dracula characters were just too removed from the traditional to get me into them.
                          Now that I think about it, I didn't care for Bramstroker's Dracula with Gary Oldman either. Don't get me wrong. Oldman is a phenomenal actor and his skills in the roll were believable and realistic. It's was just too dark for me. Throwing blood and sex with a half bat is just too over the top dark for me. I love a good scare. Halloween is my favorite holiday but, I like it to stay on this side of demonic and dark.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

He's a nice synthesis of Lugosi's charm and Lee's ferocity. Chris
                            That's it exactly. I like Lee in a lot, just not as Dracula.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 28, 2008

They could do Chaney Jr as the Frankenstein Monster from "Tales of Tomorrow". His look presages DeNiro's monster. Unfortunately Lon was so drunk during this live broadcast he thought he was still in dress rehearsal stage, and didn't bang up the breakaway sets like he was supposed to.

Chris
                              You know, I had not thought before how much this look does anticipate the DeNiro. And Chaney looks great as the monster, even though his performance is the stuff of mocking legends. I like the alternative look, and technically it's one of the first "crossovers" from film to TV, although it's a very different monster.

I wonder if there could be a Monster of Piedras Blancas figure.
                              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

Fun factoid - the Shape of Water being, Abe Sapien and Monster Squad Creech were all created by the same guy, and he ended up in this vein because of his first gig: designing the Predator from Winston's sketches.

That's why you can see an amphibian uniformity in the different designs. He created that skin texture from scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎