• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Pennyworth

Looks interesting.

Paloma Faith has been cast as a new villain and Alfred Pennyworth's primary foil in the early years of his service under Batman's father, Thomas Wayne.

Epix is moving forward the Batman prequel series Pennyworth, which will start production soon. Comic Book Resources reports that Paloma Faith has been cast as the main villain of the series.

Faith will be portraying Bet Sykes, a malevolent character who is described as “sadistic and sharp tongued.” Alfred will no doubt have his mind and body tested by this woman. Presumably, she will be a worthy villain for the man who will raise the world’s greatest detective. Faith is best known in the United States from her role in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. However, in the UK she is better known as a musician with a number one album: The Architect.

Pennyworth will tell the story of Alfred’s new life. He will leave the SAS (Special Air Service) and enter the world of private security. His first client will be Thomas Wayne, not yet the father of Bruce. The 10 episode season will tell Alfred’s story and follow his battles against Bet Sykes in 1960’s London. Jack Bannon was previously announced as Alfred, and Ben Aldridge is co-starring as Thomas Wayne.

Earlier reports also described Bet Sykes as a member of the Raven Society. Batman has had his own battles against a bird themed secret organization. The Raven Society could be England’s version of the Court of Owls.
    Last edited by Bruce Banner; Oct 20, '18, 7:21 AM.
    PUNY HUMANS!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Too bad its not starring Sean Pertwee
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

does sound interesting, but I don't get Epix and I won't add it just for this show

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I file this under "Because no one demanded it!"

It might be a good show, but I don't understand why you would pay for the license to produce this show. Just come up with your own similar take, because the Batman ties will be thin.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I'm just about done scripting the first season of "Kent Farm" featuring Johnathan Kent as a boy. The harvest episode won't leave a dry eye in the house!

Special appearance by Sgt. Rock!
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎