X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome things on Ebay this week

Ming the Merciless Costume- It's no secret i adore this movie but if i bought this i would ruin my marriage by running around wearing the mask shouting "Gordon's Alive?". It would be even worse if i bought this one.

Return to the Planet of the Apes Animation Cel- This one actually pains me a bit because a) I love animation cells and b) I freaking loved this cartoon as a kid! It simply comes down to the fact that when i discovered this auction it was going for more than i presently have in the piggy bank. There are two of these on Ebay right now. Someday...

Azrak Hamway Carded Dracula- These wonderful figures look like Mego Knockoffs, feel like Mego knockoffs but they're officially licensed product! Well, except for Dracula, he wasn't Bela and was sold kinda quasi-seperately for legal reasons.

Monster Squad TV Puzzle- My obsession with this short-lived Saturday morning show continues through it's extremely limited merchandise, this puzzle featuring a post-Batman Julie Newmar is one of my favourites.

Glow in the Dark Space Sword- Now, I have one of these, actually I have two of these but it's sworn duty in life to point them out to others. I secretly want to create an army of space sword and shield owners so we can have some sort of epic battle in a field somewhere.

Our latest Podcast is all about Vincent Price, check it out on Youtube!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Wow! Those are great finds.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Your best assortment yet, maybe. I can't decide.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Monster Squad! Flash Gordon!! Stop, I can't take more!!!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

That seller has 3 RTTPOTA cels… freakin' rare and super awesome!, as they feature main characters. Most others that have come up in the past decade or so were incomplete or featured humans or supporting Apes cast. I'm in the game on those, but I think they might skyrocket at the end. There's a cross-over collector base on these and outside of big animation auctions, these just don't come around often.

Such a fun batch of 5-A this week!

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Somebody got a good deal on that puzzle! Feeling a bit jealous!

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I love that Ming costume, and always enjoy seeing those ahi monsters, I had them all and dang it all, wish I still did.

Comment

• glimpy
                Loco Chango
                • Feb 5, 2012

Love the ming costume
                sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I bet some Lenzi guy might be interested in that Ming costume!

Great stuff!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
                  sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Confessional
                    That seller has 3 RTTPOTA cels… freakin' rare and super awesome!, as they feature main characters. Most others that have come up in the past decade or so were incomplete or featured humans or supporting Apes cast. I'm in the game on those, but I think they might skyrocket at the end. There's a cross-over collector base on these and outside of big animation auctions, these just don't come around often.

Such a fun batch of 5-A this week!
                    I was hoping they were more commonly found, I will get one someday. Even if it's just Bill.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I wish too! There's mystery as to where all the DePatie-Freleng Apes stuff landed in the world.

This is more typical of what commonly comes around: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Planet-of-t...p2047675.l2557

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

Does Jason already have all the Gordon costumes, those seem right up his alley?

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎