X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Gabriel Roto-Cast Monster Machine

This is the greatest toy I never owned, I wish I could send it back to myself in 1979.

We have a PodCast! It's fun, please listen.

Check out our Instagram for more stuff like this blog.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I had this and I sorely regret selling at a yard sale. One of those losses, along with my "Mighty Men and Monster Maker", that occurred during that brief period when I thought I'd outgrown such things,
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I had this and I sorely regret selling at a yard sale. One of those losses, along with my "Mighty Men and Monster Maker", that occurred during that brief period when I thought I'd outgrown such things,
      Sigh, Mighty Men and Monster Maker. I have been trying to find one complete in the wild for a while now. Had it as a kid and it's probably the vintage toy I most want back (the only competition are a working Dark Tower game and a working electronic Starbird space ship).

Never saw the Monster Machine before, but it looks like something I would love to have too.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Guess what I have up on a shelf? the Mighty Men and Monster Maker.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that looks awesome! Why can't they make stuff like this now? My daughter would love this.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Guess what I have up on a shelf? the Mighty Men and Monster Maker.
            Then take it down and start making some mighty men and monsters and show them off here!

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MRP
              Then take it down and start making some mighty men and monsters and show them off here!

-M
              still in the box, too. I think a couple tiles are missing.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Too bad we can't make one of these for the customizer market.

Imagine, being able to rotocast your own vinyl heads on your kitchen table with this baby.

Or ceramic heads, or whatever other type of material is used.
                JediJaida

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Surely you could retro-fit the casting plates to hold a rubber or metal mold.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

That looks like it is an amazing toy.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^It really is. My grandfather bought me a bag of plaster of paris to make more castings. I also did a poured solid cast of each half of Jekyll/Hyde to make bookends. I painted them and put felt on the bottoms. They sandwiched some of my horror paperbacks on the shelf for years.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        ^It really is. My grandfather bought me a bag of plaster of paris to make more castings. I also did a poured solid cast of each half of Jekyll/Hyde to make bookends. I painted them and put felt on the bottoms. They sandwiched some of my horror paperbacks on the shelf for years.
                        I'm simply quoting this post because every bit of it is full of win.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you, Andy.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 16, 2008

Lots of Mighty Men and Monster Makers on eBay, check out this one with Palitoy packaging!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎