X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Flash Season 5

So far, so good. I'm enjoying the lighter tone thus far, although it looks like things will get dark next week. The emphasis on XS seems to be deflecting from "Villain of the Season" syndrome. The actress is charming and the premise is very interesting. I like the new suit too, plus...the RING!!!

Chris
    sigpic
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I've missed the first two episodes--I need to see that ring!

EDIT: I just saw a youtube clip with the new suit and ring. Terrific. I like the knit costume a lot.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 18, '18, 6:40 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I enjoyed the first episode. It felt like a breath of fresh air. I hope it continues because the last season was really crap

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

Second episode was fun, Ralph certainly adds a lighter tone. I like XS, she's cute and perky, but not annoying (so far). The new uniform is great, and yes, the RING is here!
        Couple predictions:
        Caitlin's father is The Icicle, thus the reason she has the Killer Frost powers. She will be getting the powers back, but drop the Killer name. Hopefully she will NOT become Snowflake!

I'm starting to believe XS is NOT from the future of Barry's Earth-1, but from another Earth. She has crossed both time AND dimension, but doesn't realize it herself. Possibly from Supergirl's Earth as Nora has namechecked Lightning Lad and her chest symbol retains the Legion influenced design. I know that they haven't revealed a Super Earth Flash (yet), but possibly in the crossover event.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by johnnystorm
          Second episode was fun, Ralph certainly adds a lighter tone. I like XS, she's cute and perky, but not annoying (so far). The new uniform is great, and yes, the RING is here!
          Couple predictions:
          Caitlin's father is The Icicle, thus the reason she has the Killer Frost powers. She will be getting the powers back, but drop the Killer name. Hopefully she will NOT become Snowflake!

I'm starting to believe XS is NOT from the future of Barry's Earth-1, but from another Earth. She has crossed both time AND dimension, but doesn't realize it herself. Possibly from Supergirl's Earth as Nora has namechecked Lightning Lad and her chest symbol retains the Legion influenced design. I know that they haven't revealed a Super Earth Flash (yet), but possibly in the crossover event.
          Is the event going to be Crisis on Infinite Earths? That would make sense and maybe get Supergirl on Arrow earth.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

no the cross over is called Elseworlds

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Just can't get rid of Wells!!

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

The fact that the Flash can’t seem to avoid a punch bothers me.
                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                  learning all the time
                  • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by boss
                  The fact that the Flash can’t seem to avoid a punch bothers me.
                  I see it this way, and it's really inexcusable, even for a "fun" superhero show:
                  the writers adjust Flash's speed to fit the story instead of the other way around.
                  and it isn't a sfx/budget issue, because they have shown they can pull off some amazing sequences when they want to, nor does this or any show require nonstop visual fx just to tell a compelling story.
                  but to demonstrate how everything is in SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW motion to Barry because he's SOOOOOOOOO fast in one segment only to have him stand like a statue in other segments is just lazy writing. nobody holding a gun, flamethrower, or such is any threat to someone who can move that fast, let alone someone throwing a punch.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Cavanagh's "French" accent was excruciating, but next week's teaser thrilled.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

Troy James as Ragdoll!!!

I cannot wait to see what next week episode that introduces Ragdoll played by Troy James.
                      ragdoll (3).jpg

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

probably ends with him getting stabbed by lightning bolt breathy guy.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

I hope not, the Ragdoll is a long time villain of Flash. I would hate to see he killed off in his first appearance.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Cavanagh's "French" accent was excruciating.
                              So, last night I discovered my cable provider had taken away every channel that plays the Flash. I spent half an hour on the phone with them explaining to a nice young man in India ("John") that I was leaving, they're not competitive in today's world and how dissatified I was in general. He gave me all my channels back and a big discount.

Triumphant, I turn on the TV to find Frenchy La French, my wife turned to me and said: "You fought for this.".
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎