• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Mego Meet 2019 Exclusive Contest

Hello Boys and Girls,

Well, we are 4 months past MM2018 and my focus usually starts to gear towards next years exclusive figure about this time. MM2019 will be our 15th get together (not counting Mego Con in '04). In that time we've done 16 different characters. And frankly, I've kinda run out of ideas. So I thought I'd try something different for next year and ask the members here....

"What do you think would be a good exclusive for next years Meet?"

So here's the deal. Post what you think would make a good exclusive for MM2019. Around Christmas I'll narrow it down to 3-4 choices and pick one. The contest part is that the person's suggestion I choose will receive one of the custom exclusive figures in the package for FREE. You will also get credit on the package.

Some things to keep in mind when making your choice:

1. It has to be cost effective to make. Heads, suits, belts, boots, shoes, bodies, accessories and packaging cost money, wheither they are cast and molded, screen or 3D printed or just bought directly from Doc Mego or FTC. I don't get anything for free. I can't be spending a fortune to buy supplies.

2. It should be a popular character every one knows. It really can't be a character only 3 people have heard of. Remember, I need these to sell out.

3. It can be from any era. This covers cartoons, comics, movies, toys, whatever. Just something you think would look cool in the 8" Mego format.

4. Only 10-12 will be made. I'll change something up about it for the customs auction like always.

5. Think about how it would be made. Can it be made? Can a certain piece for it be made? Keep in mind I make them to look like Mego made them. They don't need to be Flatt or BK detailed.

6. And again, I need these to sell out. The basis for a good exclusive is I don't bring any back from Mego Meet.

So, think about it and post away. If you have questions post those as well and I'll answer them.

Thanks all for looking.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

For those of us who haven't been around since the beginning, can you post a list (or a link to a list) of what the previous exclusives are? I know the vast majority of folks here probably already know, but some of us are newer (and with the Mego relaunch you are likely to see even more new faces around) and don't know all of them. I know last years and have seen pics of a few of them from previous years, but I don't know them all. Having a list would a) prevent people suggesting something already done and b) give them a look at what's feasible as a suggestion.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

Not a problem.

2004 - Invisible Man
      2005 - Uncle Jesse
      2006 - Jet Jungle
      2007 - Ghost Rider
      2008 - Mighty Mightor
      2009 - Dr. Kromedome
      2010 - Indiana Jones
      2011 - Harry Mudd
      2012 - Pulsar
      2013 - Snyderman
      2014 - Lone Ranger & Tonto
      2015 - Super-Soldier
      2016 - Knight of Darkness
      2017 - Electra Woman & Dyna Girl
      2018 - Thundarr
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

How about Warduke from the LJN Dungeons & Dragons line & D&D cartoon...

D&D is more popular than ever (it has its best sales year ever in 2017), the 80s cartoon hits all the nostalgia notes, D&D toy toys are still very collectible and most of the accessories can be cobbled together and modified from the Mego Knights line.

-M
        Last edited by MRP; Oct 18, '18, 3:36 PM.
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

How about The Enforcer, Dr Steel (P.A.C.K)?
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Also Michael Myers would make an awesome one.

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

Bela Lugosi as Igor.
              I've had this one one my personal design table lately and was preparing to start his head sculpt. Could be $85 area

Michael Myers is currently on my design table and heads are being made (good, exact, movie-style heads) Could be $65 area

Clash of the Titans
              Perseus and Pegasus...yeah...ambitious, but I am almost done ;-) expensive but extremely limited... :-/

Pennywise 2018...yeah, another ambitious and possibly-out-of-mega-meet-budgets...but I'm almost done. Expensive but very limited... :-/

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

I like the War Duke suggestion. I have a broken one that could be donated for casting.

But...if we're talking about anything...it just has to fit the criteria...

Ant-Man/Giant-Man boxset is my choice. Austin has the suits. (correction) Mego has the 14" scale bodies. Bowen has the Kirby head sculpt. You could use the Heroclix Ant-Man...for an ant-sized man!...and have someone 3d print it or buy 'em outright.

It completes the WGSH Avengers lineup. Cheap to make. Would easily sellout. You could make 50 and they would all move. If I'm not mistaken, he's a big part of A4 which will be out just a few weeks before the Meet.
                Last edited by hedrap; Oct 18, '18, 9:40 AM.

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

I would go with Mr. Rock

Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
                    I would go with Mr. Rock

I volunteer to make 12 shirts out of sock material for this one.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

How about Vision to flesh out the Avengers. A couple ways to do it, easy head to cast and paint...........

Comment

• boss
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 18, 2003

Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• megowgsh
                          Customego HoF Curator
                          • Nov 19, 2003

I've always liked making exclusives that are either in the "why didn't Mego make this for that line?!" or "Why didn't Mego make that in 8"?!" like Flash or Green Lantern or Joe Namath or Logan's Run.
                          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Hmmm. A nice Sheriff of Nottingham has already been done.

How about a Guenevere/Merlin 2-pack?
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by noelani72
                              Michael Myers is currently on my design table and heads are being made (good, exact, movie-style heads) Could be $65 area. :-/
                              A proper Mego scale head has my interest but $65 for a head is outta my price range. Can’t wait to see it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎