Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Wasn't that a Disney movie back in 1940 or something?

Comment

• Brazoo
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      Almost correct, except for the "voluntarily" part. It simply cannot visualize.
      The Wikipedia article footnotes an article by Professor Adam Zeman published in 2015 called "Lives Without Imagery - Congenital Aphantasia" which claims:

"...it was identified that aphantasia characterizes only voluntary visualizations; the aphantasiacs were still able to have involuntary visualizations (i.e. dreams)."

Comment

• Brazoo
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 14, 2009

Follow up - just visited a forum discussion with aphantasiacs explaining that they see vivid images when they dream. Some of them claim they don't. So, it's just that simple and fascinating.

Here's a quote from one of them:

"Yes. When I dream I do see vivid images, but I didn't know other people are able to do so when they are awake until I heard of the term aphantasia."

Link to the forum:
        Answer (1 of 28): Oh, yes. I have complete Aphantasia, I can conceptualize of images but there’s no way I could ‘picture’ them in any way. Computer’s running fine, but the screen isn’t plugged in. Recently I’ve been getting amazing dreams. Heaps of different worlds and adventures. If I could dr...
        Last edited by Brazoo; Oct 19, '18, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎