Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$5.00 Target coupon with flu shot at Target/CVS Pharmacy!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K
    Fun Will Now Commence
    • Jun 20, 2001

$5.00 Target coupon with flu shot at Target/CVS Pharmacy!

Thanks for the tip on 25% off figures! Went today not expecting much because my Target is small with lousy toy department and never got Wave I.

First, I got a flu shot in the pharmacy and GOT A FIVE DOLLAR STORE COUPON for doing so! 😁

Second, there WERE Megos there! They were mixed in with Marvel and wrestling figures in the aisle. Oddly, a couple of Wave I figures, too.

There were tons of Jo, Kris, Piper, Phoebe, Greg and Ritchie. There were two 14" Green Lanterns, one 14" Batgirl, and one 14" Mera.

I wasn't as "taken" with GL as I expected to be; I have a Batman, but skipped GL. The 14" females didn't appeal to me either.

BUT: There were TWO Bewitched figures and this figure looks better live than in photos. There was one Chekov, two Gorns, two Frankensteins, and hidden in with baby toys was a Paul Stanley. I got all 8 of these. The Paul figure is better live also, but I may touch up his face paint a bit. Chekov's head looks a bit small but pretty good likeness and you can't beat the price!

So....$9.74 per 8 inch figure plus $5.00 off. Woohooo! A very good Mego Day.
    I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Congrats! Sounds like a very worthwhile trip to Target. The Mego’s were the gravy.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

That’s awesome. You have seen more of Wave 2 in its entirety than many of us have seen in person to date. Congrats!!!

Comment

• K
        Fun Will Now Commence
        • Jun 20, 2001

Thanks ! I frankly was expecting nothing because there had been nothing to this point . I did rearrange the figures for better visibility before I left.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by K
          Thanks for the tip on 25% off figures! Went today not expecting much because my Target is small with lousy toy department and never got Wave I.

First, I got a flu shot in the pharmacy and GOT A FIVE DOLLAR STORE COUPON for doing so! 😁

Second, there WERE Megos there! They were mixed in with Marvel and wrestling figures in the aisle. Oddly, a couple of Wave I figures, too.

There were tons of Jo, Kris, Piper, Phoebe, Greg and Ritchie. There were two 14" Green Lanterns, one 14" Batgirl, and one 14" Mera.

I wasn't as "taken" with GL as I expected to be; I have a Batman, but skipped GL. The 14" females didn't appeal to me either.

BUT: There were TWO Bewitched figures and this figure looks better live than in photos. There was one Chekov, two Gorns, two Frankensteins, and hidden in with baby toys was a Paul Stanley. I got all 8 of these. The Paul figure is better live also, but I may touch up his face paint a bit. Chekov's head looks a bit small but pretty good likeness and you can't beat the price!

So....$9.74 per 8 inch figure plus $5.00 off. Woohooo! A very good Mego Day.
          Definitely touch up the paint on Paul! It makes all the difference. I touched up the paint on mine:

Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• K
            Fun Will Now Commence
            • Jun 20, 2001

^Woweeeee! That is astounding. What a difference! As I said, this figure is far more impressive live. I wasn't liking it in pix but it's impressive.
            Great job!!!!!

Comment

• generic
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              Definitely touch up the paint on Paul! It makes all the difference. I touched up the paint on mine:

Yeah, that looks MUCH better!
              Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎