Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hellraiser questions from a novice

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I seem to recall that one of them looked like it was made for four dollars and featured a really overweight guy playing pinhead. The story I heard was the one you just mentioned, made in a hurry to maintain the movie rights.
    Yeah, I don't know which ones specifically were done to maintain rights, but it's pretty much the worst reason to make a movie, IMO. It's kinda why we keep getting Amityville and Witchcraft sequels that no one asked for.

Tangent time! So, Nightbreed...

HATED it when I caught it in the theatre back in '90, but always wanted to like it. Now I hear of a.) a Director's cut, b.) the Cabal Cut and c.) the Integral cut. Which to choose for a proper reevaluation?
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Images
    Saw the first three at the theatre, then kind of lost track of all the other sequels.
    The original novella "The Hellbound Heart" is certainly worth reading if you're interested in the franchise and its concept.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Blog Entries
    I wasn't aware of the ins and outs of the franchise but definitely after the first two, the whole thing just became "what new cenobites can we create?" kind of thing. Barker's departure seems to make a lot of sense, i dropped out of watching them in the 1990s.

Images
    Four and Five were shot back to back in...Budapest? I think....Bradley used to try and get concessions, but they were never met. He wanted more actors like Lance Henriksen, so Miramax would sign people...but then he would barely get to work with them.

Inferno is an odd one. Zero budget, starring the guy from Nightbreed and directed by guy who go on to Doctor Strange and some really strong indie horror. You certainly don't see that ability in Inferno.

The zero budget/non-Bradley Hellraiser was another "not supposed to be released", as was the one that came out this year. They are literally contract obligations.

Blog Entries
    I seem to recall an article from my topless robot days about one of the films being released to one obscure cineplex for a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by toothaction View Post
    Tangent time! So, Nightbreed...

HATED it when I caught it in the theatre back in '90, but always wanted to like it. Now I hear of a.) a Director's cut, b.) the Cabal Cut and c.) the Integral cut. Which to choose for a proper reevaluation?

I watched the Director's cut two nights ago. Never saw any of them before, and I really enjoyed it. I was more a fan of that than Hellraiser.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Nightbreed and Lord of Illusions are two flicks that I don't get. I mean, I get why people like them, but they don't work on me for some reason.

I remember seeing Hellraiser in the theater and being made fairly uncomfortable. I think it was the religious stuff. I return to it and the first sequel from time to time, and I'm pretty sure I've watched 3 and 4. Can't say beyond that though.

Images
    Watched to one with Lance Henriksen last night.

What a cop-out ending
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    I don't think I saw any beyond the first two. not my cup of tea. I thought the original had some neat ideas, but I just never cared for the slasher flicks