Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Newbie14
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 25, 2018

Just picked up an extra Gorn and Frankenstein and they each rang up for 9.74. This was at the Rowlett TX store and they had a Gorn and Frankenstein left.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
      Just picked up an extra Gorn and Frankenstein and they each rang up for 9.74.
      OMG, I'll probably have to resort to ebay for $40 each.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toothaction
        Career Member
        • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        OMG, I'll probably have to resort to ebay for $40 each.
        Patience, dear Penguin!
        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Advertising figures you can’t find in stores is pretty frustrating no matter how you shake it. Apologists can say otherwise but there have no been two sales and an advertising promo for things that I can’t buy or use the sales on. There are some major missteps going on whether people want to admit it or not. I’ve still only seen Dracula in store once. I regularly visit 8 Targets and I’ve taken two cross country trips in this time where I’ve visited every Target on the way and had no luck with Wave 2. Online has been better but even there the popular figures have consistently sold out and made you miss the sales. And of course you pay more for them online than in store.

Comment

• generic
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
            Just picked up an extra Gorn and Frankenstein and they each rang up for 9.74. This was at the Rowlett TX store and they had a Gorn and Frankenstein left.
            WOW! That's wild! Congratulations on finding an amazing deal!
            Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by generic
              WOW! That's wild! Congratulations on finding an amazing deal!
              Price checked mine in Louisville and they're all scanning $9.74 now for 8 inch and $14.99 for the 14 inch.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

It's true!! 25% off sale on Mego and I got 2 Gorns and Paul Stanley at two different stores for $9.74 each today!
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Is it just me or is all this discounting not a good sign?
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 25, 2018

^My thoughts exactly. The store I found them in seems to discount new product all the time and all they had out during last week's sell was wave one on the endcap. Found these down an action figure isle.

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

Two different Targets in my area, one had them still on Endcap, one had moved to Aisle.
                      The Endcap store had no Wave 2, and had no for sale signs.

The Store with them moved to the Aisle had some Wave 2 ( Starchild and Kris Munroe, GL and Poison Ivy)
                      and had the big 25% off Mego Sale sign.

Both stores offered to let me use the $10 off 50, $25 off $100 coupon at the register ( doesn't expire until 10/17 they said).
                      But I only bought four 8inchers and rang up shy of $41. *sigh*
                      Had they had two Gorns ( which I went looking for to Army build) I would've made the cut, reducing the price down to $34.03 or $5.67 a figure!!

As it was I picked up Piper, Kris, Peggy, and Kelly for customizing.
                      Last edited by darkbros; Oct 14, '18, 2:36 PM. Reason: correct mis-spellings
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Is it just me or is all this discounting not a good sign?
                        Not necessarily, when I launch a program with a chain, the first thing I try to launch in the first three months is a "buy three get 25% off" special. It really helps establish the brand in the store. Seeing as this one has an expiration date, i would assume it's being done to improve velocity. So, it may very well turn out to be a positive.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• KOMonger
                          Banned
                          • Feb 17, 2015

My Target flyer doesn't show any Megos either.
                          This is a great sale! I hope I find something from the last four I need on Friday.

I recently bought a total of 14 of the 8" figures via Target's site for the $25 off $100 sale. I was so close to $100 each time, I only would've saved about $4 more buying those figures today.

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

Yeah, the Mego figures show up on the online version of the flyer, but I didn't see them in the flyer that came with the Sunday paper.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                              Not necessarily, when I launch a program with a chain, the first thing I try to launch in the first three months is a "buy three get 25% off" special. It really helps establish the brand in the store. Seeing as this one has an expiration date, i would assume it's being done to improve velocity. So, it may very well turn out to be a positive.
                              Is Target treating this as a new toy line or a new collectable line? Usually don't see stuff selling as collectables discounted so quickly.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• boss
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 18, 2003

^i think you just answered your own question.
                                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎