X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on Ebay this week

AHI Official Super Friends Car- Not to be confused with all those unofficial Super Friends cars, everything about this thing is beautiful except that they didn't invite Wonder Woman? I especially love that Aquaman's driving.

British Star Trek Annual- For those not in the know, Annuals are these hardback books filled with stories, comics and (terrible) games. They're a UK tradition but if you grew up in a commonwealth, you probably had them. I LOVE THEM and the Star Trek ones are especially my favorites because they reprint the sometimes bat**** Gold Key comics. I will likely buy this over the weekend.

Kenner Star Wars Store Display- One fine day, in 1979 my dad was visiting a friend who owned a toy store. He was closing and let us out the back, on the top of his garbage pile was this display, the man told me "Take it!" and as I reached for it, my incredibly germophobic dad shook his head no.

Now that you've heard this tale of woe, please group together the necessary funds to buy this for me please.

British Steve Austin Costume- I'm pretty sure this it exactly the same as the US version, just in a different box BUT IT'S A NEAT BOX!

Ultra-Man Halloween Costume- In October, all the cool costumes show up, like this classic Ultra-Man set by Collegeville. October is going to be expensive...

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm shocked and so pleased that Aquaman was even included.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

SUPERFRIENDS - THE MOVIE

SCENE 1: EXT - PARADISE ISLAND BEACH - DAY

A colorful DUNE BUGGY speeds through frame. A birds-eye view reveals AQUAMAN in the Driver's seat with ROBIN, THE BOY WONDER riding shotgun. SUPERMAN and BATMAN are standing against the roll bar, their capes flapping wildly.

ROBIN: Holy long ride, Aquaman!

AQUAMAN: It's unlike Diana to ignore the Troubalert, Boy Wonder. I hope we find her before it's too late!

BATMAN: (whispering to SUPERMAN) I still say the BatPlane would've been faster.

SUPERMAN: Yes, cramming myself into a petrol powered airplane would've been more sensible, old friend.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I wouldn't mind taking a look at the UK Star Trek annual, I never knew about it, looks interesting.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I'm shocked and so pleased that Aquaman was even included.
          Is that one of your holy grails, Scott?

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

The Super Friends Car has to be my favorite. I’ve admired it since I first saw it on this forum years ago.

- Ian

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
              Is that one of your holy grails, Scott?

- Ian
              lol No--I'm just learning of it, but it's a fun toy. I guess an Aquaman grail for me would be Ideal or Multiple Toymakers items.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 12, '18, 11:05 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Neutron X
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 22, 2007

All are awesome! But my cash would go to buying the Ultraman costume!!!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  lol No--I'm just learning of it, but it's a fun toy. I guess an Aquaman grail for me would be Ideal or Multiple Toymakers items.
                  Really? I figured you had been well aware of this car. It must have been a pleasant surprise to say the least. Aquaman is in the lead, for once, where the Super Friends are concerned.

- Ian

Comment

• toothaction
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                    Aquaman is in the lead, for once, where the Super Friends are concerned.

- Ian
                    You sure he's not just the chauffeur du jour?
                    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Love the "Rear up action" on the box. So Aquaman was popping wheelies with Batman and Superman on the back? That'll teach them for making fun of him.

Comment

• glimpy
                        Loco Chango
                        • Feb 5, 2012

I remember this toy back in the mid-70s in the comic book ads I always wanted one but never got around to do a mail order for it I wish I knew it was going to be a very sought-after item. The last time I saw these for sale was in the Franklin Mint catalog during the 80s they were probably leftover stock.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by glimpy; Oct 13, '18, 9:30 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by toothaction
                          You sure he's not just the chauffeur du jour?
                          I hadn’t considered that!

- Ian

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                            Museum Paramedic
                            • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by glimpy
                            I remember this toy back in the mid-70s in the comic book ads I always wanted one but never got around to do a mail order for it I wish I knew it was going to be a very sought-after item. The last time I saw these for sale was in the Franklin Mint catalog during the 80s they were probably leftover stock.
                            Love that comic book ad! I don’t remember seeing it.

- Ian

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎