X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Stan & Ollie

My all time favorite comic duo’s life story on the big silver screen, I’m so there...

Wow, John C Reilly is almost unrecognizable as Ollie...great makeup...

sigpic
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Yeah, very familiar with that footage, bittersweet....
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Stan still smoking after stroke, people just didn’t know any better back then...
      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm a huge fan, too!!! Looks interesting.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, count me as another huge L&H fan who is looking forward to seeing this. And man, John C. Reilly looks incredible as Ollie, it's scary.

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

Looks good. I will watch it for sure. I hope people go to see it. Sadly, I’m not sure enough people still really care about these old time stars. And John C. Reilly looks perfect. Not sure how much drama could be in it since these two were actually very close to each other.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

This thread is giving me a strange flash-back

Was there a Laurel and Hardy / Our Gang crossover short ?

Or did I just dream that ?

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

I saw where this was coming and knew I'd definitely be catching it on the big screen when it hits.

My favorite "Laurel and Hardy" memory is from a scholastic meet in Junior High. They had an auditorium set up for us to hang out in between our events (to keep us entertained) and it was what amounted to a "Laurel and Hardy" film festival. Awesome day for this kid!

Comment

• glimpy
                  Loco Chango
                  • Feb 5, 2012

Love Laurel and Hardy going to be a good movie
                  sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by hobub
                    It’s a shame if no one cares about the classics. Here is one I’d like to share that isn’t as popular as his peers of the age but a brilliant masterpiece. Watch if you have a little time. Harold Lloyd. I watched this stuff on PBS when I was a kid. Sheesh, it was like 50 yrs old then. Now I am and it’s almost 100!

If you watch it on your smartphone. Think about that, the past truly meeting the future.
                    A TV channel in Canada always ran Harold Lloyd shorts when I was a kid, so I grew up watching those (along with Chaplin, Keaton, L&H, etc.). "Safety Last" is great, I bought the Blu-ray a few years back and watched it with my kids, they really liked it. But they are used to watching B&W comedies, they love L&H, Three Stooges and the Marx Bros. (except for those boring musical numbers in the latter's films, I never liked those parts either and still don't).

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

Because of "Futurama", anytime Harold Lloyd comes up, I automatically think of "Harold Zoid", Zoidberg's uncle. A silent film star who's career ended with the invention of "Smell-O-Vision".

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎