Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Something really awesome in this auction

Blog Entries

Gold Star Something really awesome in this auction

Images
    Hey, a Heroes World bag.

Uh...did you look at what they've sold? They're going to make around 20K. The price on some of the Star Wars items is mind-blowing. 700 for cereal boxes?! 700 for Bespin Leia from ESB! I must've passed on that figure every time I was in a store.

What's funny to me is the one item I would have wanted - the Kenner "mini-figure" shipping carton only went for 83. I hadn't seen one of those since the 77. I vividly remember them on rolling carts stacked at the endcaps. You wanted to get there before someone cracked 'em and rifled through.

And what's the deal with Buck Rogers? Was that line so disposable nothing MOC survived? I'm also shocked at the Cylon Commander going for hundreds.

Blog Entries
    If you're talking about this Buck Rogers piece, to be honest, I've never seen a mailer box of just Buck and Twiki before in my life:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Buc...p2047675.l2557

As for the Cylon commander, look at the card, I've never seen that before either.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-...p2047675.l2557

For comparison, here is another:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mat....c100011.m1850

Images
    That's wild. The Cylon looks like non-studio artwork, like a failed rendition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    That's wild. The Cylon looks like non-studio artwork, like a failed rendition.
    It's gold. it's the second series Gold Cylon.

Images
    I'm actually surprised buck and twiki went that high.

I don't have the itch for star wars toys. The story behind that, is this girl I liked in college was Star Wars obsessed. And she seemed really cool otherwise I remember giving her my number to hangout at a haunted hayride or something. I waited for her to call all week and a week later after not calling she says she's seeing someone. Then I overheard her chatting about this crush that she had. (Meaning she was single)

After that I sold off any and all star wars items (kept a loose Yoda) and never looked back. I didn't have much to begin with I think I flipped the cash for a loose Aqualad.

I think some of original figures are cool mainly chewy and Boba Fett. But the expansive and expensive scope of the line keeps me from wanting any of it.

Images
    Remember the old Heroes World store in the Nassau Mall here on Long Island. Bought some early What If's from them. First chain comic store I can remember.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    Remember the old Heroes World store in the Nassau Mall here on Long Island. Bought some early What If's from them. First chain comic store I can remember.
    I think all those "Gems" thats what I call them now, came from that dude who started selling these items out of his garage in Jersey. I remember the address off the old comic books:

NCG
    777 PO BOX
    Dover, NJ

Images
    Another cool SW piece bringing lots of $$$
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-197...-/263980499790

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    Another cool SW piece bringing lots of $$$
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-197...-/263980499790
    I had a couple of those SW Early Bird tray sets in the late 90's. I should have kept them..