Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lizard King, Corned Beef and Murder

My eyes were only focused on the yummy corned beef sandwich...

Quote Originally Posted by cjefferys View Post
    Holmes was also apparently forced to tag along with the revenge seekers too. He claimed that he didn't take part in the murders himself, but he was definitely there when it happened. There's a film about it, "Wonderland", starring Val Kilmer as John C. Holmes, but it wasn't as good as I was hoping. The extras on the DVD includes the crime scene photos, not for weak stomachs that's for sure!

Great photos!
    I really wish that movie had been better. It's done more interestingly in Boogie Nights, without all the killing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mego View Post
    I really wish that movie had been better. It's done more interestingly in Boogie Nights, without all the killing though.
    I absolutely love Boogie Nights, but the Dirk Diggler/Jack Horner characters were so thinly disguised versions of John Holmes/Bob Chinn, I just wish they could have went with the real versions.

Quote Originally Posted by cjefferys View Post
    Holmes was also apparently forced to tag along with the revenge seekers too. He claimed that he didn't take part in the murders himself, but he was definitely there when it happened. There's a film about it, "Wonderland", starring Val Kilmer as John C. Holmes, but it wasn't as good as I was hoping. The extras on the DVD includes the crime scene photos, not for weak stomachs that's for sure!

Great photos!
    Holmes was definitely there; they wouldn't have been able to enter the Wonderland home without him. I think there was a bloody palm print of Holmes over Ron Launius' bed. Ron treated John badly, so it wouldn't surprise me if he had a few swings at Ronnie. The Kilmer Wonderland movie is pretty close to what actually went down. This is a good read. It's the complete transcripts from the February 1982 Preliminary Hearings for Holmes. Hard to believe that Ron's wife survived that bloodbath.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.